Do we carry the right Mtroniks Speed Controllers?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kazzer
    • Aug 2008

Do we carry the right Mtroniks Speed Controllers?

Please take a look at the Mtroniks boat web page and vote on which ESC's we should keep in stock.

MTRONIKS

MicroViper Marine10
    Marine MIRROR
    Marine15 'Plug n Play'
    Marine40
    Marine15
    Marine20
    Marine25
    MicroViper Marine10
    25.00%
    Marine MIRROR
    0.00%
    Marine15 'Plug n Play'
    8.33%
    Marine40
    16.67%
    Marine15
    8.33%
    Marine20
    25.00%
    Marine25
    16.67%
    Stop messing about - just get a Sub-driver!
  • Slats
    Vice Admiral
    • Aug 2008

Mike,
    these are a good product and I used the 25 and 20 ones, the one thing I would like to see your site selling is a step type (non linear) BEC (separate voltage regulator). As Mtroniks support alluded to the on board BECs might not be up to the job of supplying power with all the servos and whatnot we have hanging off the RX and using the BE circuit on the ESC.....in fact I can tell you IME I have had a multitude of problems utilising the ESC's BEC. You by pass the onboard BEC with a separate unit (removing the red wire from the ESC), and the ESC works just fine.

As a rule of thumb now I don't use any ESC's BEC when it comes to running submarines.

J
    John Slater

Sydney Australia

You would not steal a wallet so don't steal people's livelihood.
    Think of that before your buy "cheap" pirated goods or download others work protected by copyright. Theft is theft.

sigpic

Comment

• Subculture
      Admiral
      • Feb 2009

A cheap and simple dodge you can try with a linear BEC, is to hang a moderate value (200-300uf)electrolytic capacitor off the 5 volt line. This acts as a reservoir enabling the system to better cope with larger demands of current without flaking out the voltage regulator used for the BEC.

Servos can use surprising amounts of current at peak, but they only draw it for brief periods. Submarines will give servos a harder time as the watertight glands introduce a lot of friction that you wouldn't see in other models.

Make sure you observe the polarity of the capacitor.

Comment

• Kazzer
        • Aug 2008

Originally posted by Slats
        Mike,
        these are a good product and I used the 25 and 20 ones, ...............

J
        But you forgot to do the poll!

Comment

• Slats
          Vice Admiral
          • Aug 2008

Originally posted by Subculture
          A cheap and simple dodge you can try with a linear BEC, is to hang a moderate value (200-300uf)electrolytic capacitor off the 5 volt line. This acts as a reservoir enabling the system to better cope with larger demands of current without flaking out the voltage regulator used for the BEC.

Servos can use surprising amounts of current at peak, but they only draw it for brief periods. Submarines will give servos a harder time as the watertight glands introduce a lot of friction that you wouldn't see in other models.

Make sure you observe the polarity of the capacitor.
          Andy this is a good tip but I think Mike is looking for feedback on what ESCs he should carry - I guess I derailed this a bit, but my point remains Mike, for the guys who want to buy off the shelf products who may not be that electrically talented (I include myself in this category), a separate BEC might be a good complimentary product to ESCs you carry. I think Kevin M might be able to give some good guidance here.

J
          John Slater

Sydney Australia

Think of that before your buy "cheap" pirated goods or download others work protected by copyright. Theft is theft.

sigpic

Comment

• Kazzer
            • Aug 2008

Actually, I forgot that I'd set the poll to read so the result wasn't published. (No point in doing a survey and letting 'The Enemy' know the results)

I see we've had a few people take the poll. Thanks guys.

Other points duly noted. Please don't stop adding your ten cents worth.

Comment

• Slats
              Vice Admiral
              • Aug 2008

yes I have voted.
              J
              John Slater

Sydney Australia

sigpic

Comment

Working...