X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bill Harris
    Lieutenant, Junior Grade
    • Sep 2009

SubDriver Forum audio??

Every now and then for the last 2-3 weeks, when visiting this forum, I get an intemittent voice audio over my computer's speakers. It's discontinuous, cuts in and out, I only pick up an occasional word. It sounds sort of like a phone conversation or possibly tech support Chat. Not a big problem, if I go to another page or reload the page I'm on it goes away.

As I said, no big deal, thought I'd pass this on FWIW.

--Bill
  • Kazzer
    • Aug 2008

That's the banner ad of Merriman steering his Seaview in a local pool. Yes, it's sort of scary, isn't it. Imagine hours and hours of listening to it as you edit his videos.

Arghhhhh! The nightmares will return!!!!! Yaaaaa!
    Stop messing about - just get a Sub-driver!

Comment

• He Who Shall Not Be Named
      • Aug 2008

Originally posted by kazzer
      That's the banner ad of Merriman steering his Seaview in a local pool. Yes, it's sort of scary, isn't it. Imagine hours and hours of listening to it as you edit his videos.

Arghhhhh! The nightmares will return!!!!! Yaaaaa!
      Apparently my Dad and I share this weird characteristic (I only noticed it when as a kid, I heard his brothers speak) -- we don't use most of our vocal cords, and what reeds we do pluck don't resonate like others. No, really! I was the worst phone-talker in the Navy.

Now, that gives me an idea, and Mike, you should take this under consideration:

How about a forum chat scheduled once or twice a week? I don't even know if Mike's software supports that sort of thing. But a real-time get together of interested parties would permit me to answer questions and amplify on discussion points for all to hear/read. Me and the other elites would be able to convey much more information per sitting than banging out discrete answers on the forum as currently structured.

Mike?

David,
      Who is John Galt?

Comment

• Bill Harris
        Lieutenant, Junior Grade
        • Sep 2009

Ah, so that is what it was. I didn't recognize it, I'm used to hearing pings, chirps and chortles online. Nex time, I'll listen. Promise.

Chat sounds good. The downside to forum tech support is that you answer the same questions ad nauseam...

--Bill

Comment

• Kazzer
          • Aug 2008

Originally posted by Merriman

How about a forum chat scheduled once or twice a week? I don't even know if Mike's software supports that sort of thing. But a real-time get together of interested parties would permit me to answer questions and amplify on discussion points for all to hear/read. Me and the other elites would be able to convey much more information per sitting than banging out discrete answers on the forum as currently structured.

Mike?

David,
          I haven't the fainest idea how to do this (thankfully!):wink:
          Stop messing about - just get a Sub-driver!

Comment

Working...