Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kazzer
    • Aug 2008

A Model Lighthouse

I have a large rock in my bit of the Erie canal and I've been pondering placing a model lighthouse on it. Has anyone ever made one, or made a controller to produce the flashing light? I think it needs to be about 18" tall, but would that be to 1:72 scale?
    Stop messing about - just get a Sub-driver!
  • Wolfgang
    Ensign
    • Sep 2009

Hallo Kazzer!

Look at this links:
    http://www.modellbau-wiki.de/wiki/Le...aubeschreibung)

The plan is 1:100 maybe you can convert it.

Regards
    Wolfgang

Comment

• Subculture
      Admiral
      • Feb 2009

I'd have thought the flashing light circuit used by Kevin Mcleod on the Oscar could be adapted as a lighthouse flasher, or just use a simple 555 circuit slowlyflashing a white LED.

A lighthouse can easily be built using blue or pink foam. If it needs to be quite tough, add a layer or two of resin and glass over the foam, sand, putty and paint.

Comment

• Slats
        Vice Admiral
        • Aug 2008

Mike,
        I like this one - sure its 1/87 but I think it would make a simple nice addition to the pond for 1/72 or even 1/96 subs and ships.
        This comes with lights in the kit and at $50US I think is quite good. If you order one Mike, let me know if it is any good.

Best

John
        Last edited by Slats; 09-30-2009, 01:53 AM. Reason: spelling
        John Slater

Sydney Australia

You would not steal a wallet so don't steal people's livelihood.
        Think of that before your buy "cheap" pirated goods or download others work protected by copyright. Theft is theft.

sigpic

Comment

Working...