X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • junglelord
    Banned
    • Jan 2009

RC Club Invitation!

I was at the local RC airfield, looking for a Spirit 3M Glider.
    They were really interested in my two Subs.
    I have a Robbe SeaWolf and two Seaviews.
    One Seaview the linkages just got done, the other one the prep is done and ready for the conversion kit and second sub-driver.

I was asked to show the stuff downtown this weekend at the mall.
    Its that time of year when the local club puts up their stuff on display.

Having two Seaviews, one finally done, and the other one ready to convert, will be a GREAT selling promotion for the products of Caswell and Merriman. This means that maybe 60,000 people will see these things for the first time and with the local demographics, even in the RC Flight Club, the subs will start to move here....You can thank me later when the orders come.

Wish I had a Gato in my hands by Saturday.
    Blah
  • junglelord
    Banned
    • Jan 2009

I may not have a Gato, but I have my Robbe SeaWolf modified and the clear coat on the Seaview....I am ready for the first public display of my RC Subs.
    Cheers
    I'll drink to THAT!

The closest place to me with a submariner is Ottawa or Montreal, both an hour away. I am alone, ruler of the St. Lawrence River from Ingleside to Cornwall....
    :p

Comment

• junglelord
      Banned
      • Jan 2009

One of the best things is I have learned to scribe and open a hull with no damage. I can modify and think outside the box as well as learn the ropes.

Its a great hobby. Considering that I dreaded any cutting and scribing, I can now tackle a job like that with confidence. I opened up the front hull of the Robbe Seawolf with the precision of a surgeon. I am quite proud of myself.

Its a great hobby and the detail of making the model is as fun as driving them. I hope to make a good show on Saturday. I heard a advertisment on the radio today about the RC Club and the mall this weekend. I will be the lone submariner...with the goods on hand, running fine and looking great.

Cheers
      Dean

Comment

• toppack
        Rear Admiral
        • Nov 2008

Good Luck!
        We know you will 'Make Us Proud'!:)
        Rick L.
        --------------------------------------------
        * Asking Questions is a 'Good Thing',
        Since Learning is Always a 'Good Thing' *

Comment

• junglelord
          Banned
          • Jan 2009

What an awsome morning and part of the afternoon on saturday at the mall. The RC Flying Club is full of really nice guys and some really nice planes and a few helicopters. The subs were a big hit and the amount of people that loved the Seaview was 100%. I hope to have some of the boys at the club get one and most are interested in the Gato.

I am going to be flying again. I love RC Flying. The club house has a nice wood stove which makes my bones feel good. The field is by the dump, if you crash, you try to crash in the dump.

Comment

Working...