• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • junglelord
    Banned
    • Jan 2009

35Mhz Rx?

The title should be TX/RX.
    They say that they are for boats and planes.
    Is there a difference in signal performance over or under standard 75Mhz?
    Last edited by junglelord; 03-24-2009, 10:13 PM.
  • Slats
    Vice Admiral
    • Aug 2008

35 Mhz is legal here in Australia - am not so sure about North America, in Australia 72 and 75Mhz are not legal for RC, they are so in the US.

If you could have a legal choice to use either frequency I am unsure as to whether you would notice the difference. 35 MHz in layman terms means 35 million instructions per second btw Tx/Rx- 72 - 72 million, I would be guessing but would that mean 72 mhz would be better / more precise?

J
    Last edited by Slats; 03-25-2009, 01:09 AM.
    John Slater

Sydney Australia

You would not steal a wallet so don't steal people's livelihood.
    Think of that before your buy "cheap" pirated goods or download others work protected by copyright. Theft is theft.

sigpic

Comment

• Subculture
      Admiral
      • Feb 2009

Radio doesn't work that way- it isn't like the processor on a computer. A 72mhz set is no faster in operation than a 35mhz set.

Comment

• Slats
        Vice Admiral
        • Aug 2008

Thanks Andy - good to know.
        J
        John Slater

Sydney Australia

You would not steal a wallet so don't steal people's livelihood.
        Think of that before your buy "cheap" pirated goods or download others work protected by copyright. Theft is theft.

sigpic

Comment

• Nuke Power
          Banned
          • Dec 2008

It is indicating the frequency at which the information is being transmitted. Frequency is effectively the number of peaks per a unit of time. You could also say it is the number of wave lengths per unit time. Generally lower frequencys penetrate water better/deeper. It is the same reason real subs use elf / extremely low frequency transmissions to recieve info while submerged.

Comment

• Subculture
            Admiral
            • Feb 2009

The transmitting frequency, set by you crystal and associated circuitry in the TX is one thing, that is dictating how the radio waves are pushed through the ether.

The information which controls the servos modulates this frequency, and that doesn't change in speed. Most radio sets update the servos at an interval of 20ms or 50 Hz.

A lot of the newer 2.4GHZ sets are operating very fast transmission rates, and this is being pitched by the marketing boys as a 'must have' feature. As my reactions tend to be no better than 150ms, and that's when I'm aware of what is coming, I tend to consider anything faster unnecessary.

It's worth bearing in mind that FM sets are much less prone to interference than AM.

Comment

Working...