Subs and Warships in Sydney this Morning (nice photos)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Slats
    Vice Admiral
    • Aug 2008

Subs and Warships in Sydney this Morning (nice photos)

Hi guys,

thought I'd share with you some photos from my neck of the woods (Sydney Harbour).

The photos are of my Navy's current fleet concentration exercise at its end. There is a Naval Review called "Freedom of Entry" over the w/end. The harbour is full of our ships and subs.

One shot a Collins Class shows that she has had some impact damage just behind her bow sonar dome on the upper casing (port side).

Enjoy

J
    John Slater

Sydney Australia

You would not steal a wallet so don't steal people's livelihood.
    Think of that before your buy "cheap" pirated goods or download others work protected by copyright. Theft is theft.

sigpic
  • Kazzer
    • Aug 2008

That brings back memories! I worked in a tall building for 4 weeks on the other side of the bridge to the Opera House! Those violet Jacaranda trees and the red tile roofs on the hills are a sight to behold.
    We even went downtown to see the 'goings on' in Soho! What a chuckle! There was a wonderful fountain that looked like a ball. And boy, did you guys ever have some great sandwiches!
    Stop messing about - just get a Sub-driver!

Comment

• Slats
      Vice Admiral
      • Aug 2008

Glad you enjoyed it.
      The Govt here is talking about bailing out the tourist industry and offering people like yourselves free flights to Australia...

International tourists could be offered free flights to Australia in a bid to counteract the downturn in tourism due to the global financial crisis.

I live not very far from the Harbour (yes we spell that with a u). A great thing to do with young kids and a cheap day out is take the Manly Ferry to Circular Quay, one of the nicest boat trips you can do.

Best
      John
      John Slater

Sydney Australia

You would not steal a wallet so don't steal people's livelihood.
      Think of that before your buy "cheap" pirated goods or download others work protected by copyright. Theft is theft.

sigpic

Comment

• Subculture
        Admiral
        • Feb 2009

I think one of the nicest boat trips in the World has to be a trip on board Waverley, the last sea going paddle steamer in working condition.

Lovely old boat, the silence and smooth power of steam combined with two bars on board serving a good selection of fine single malts.....
        Attached Files

Comment

Working...