dishing
Thank you
I would have thought a greater spacing than 30 inches.
Yes Dave monkey see monkey do ,monkey flips the switch.
After last years big show and chin wag, I applied some window screen to my Alfa and sprayed over it for the tile look but need to soften it up a bit
I am not to the point of complete finishing/weathering just a test but this is the sort of info that will come in handy when I get past the rattle can stages. ( flat black and red oxide primer has pretty much been my pallet so far, oh and yellow and blue served the purpose)
I have never been a big finisher as far as finishes go, I like to build it and beat on it and have fun but as you have pointed out before the finish is the last thing after all the trial and error.
Still thinking of tea cozy lights LOL!
Rick
Frames
Collapse
X
-
Oh, oh! Are you thinking of weathering on some frame dishing on a SEAVIEW?On average how many frames are on a modern style nuke, i.e L.A or Ohio?
What is the general frame spacing , 8 ft. 10.ft ?
Is dishing of the hull on the frames evedent thorugh out the length of the hull or is it more evedent in the ballast tanks as oposed to say the torpedo room or reactor area?
David,Leave a comment:
-
A drawing I have of SSBN641 (USS SIMON BOLIVAR) shows 165 frames in the 425 ft between perpendiculars (length overall). The frame spacing varies in sections, 24", 28", 30", 31", 35".
Bill RogersLeave a comment:
-
Frames
On average how many frames are on a modern style nuke, i.e L.A or Ohio?
What is the general frame spacing , 8 ft. 10.ft ?
Is dishing of the hull on the frames evedent thorugh out the length of the hull or is it more evedent in the ballast tanks as oposed to say the torpedo room or reactor area?Tags: None
Leave a comment: