• Von Hilde
    Rear Admiral
    • Oct 2011

Who dis?

Click image for larger version

Name:	17221.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	74.1 KB
ID:	103562anybody know this guy? And whats he doing with my boat? Sure looks like a 1/72 to me. I havent heard squat from my girl at Revell about release dates yet. She usually comes over on vacation in October, so it will be awhile before I find anything about it. It could be an old Combat kit, no date or explaination on the pic. I just stumbled on it looking around, but I figgured somebody here may recognise the fellow.
  • He Who Shall Not Be Named
    • Aug 2008

ANYONE who can successfully complete a Combat Models kit has my undying respect!

What's this?!!... Revell coming out with a 1/72 type-21????? (squeal of joy)

M
    Who is John Galt?

Comment

• Von Hilde
      Rear Admiral
      • Oct 2011

Originally posted by He Who Shall Not Be Named
      ANYONE who can successfully complete a Combat Models kit has my undying respect!

What's this?!!... Revell coming out with a 1/72 type-21????? (squeal of joy)

M
      my understanding its another Willie Bauer just bigger than their first one, but, I don't know if they even got in production yet. Seems to me the 505s evaluation and promo kits were out about 6 months, prior to the release date, which, by the way was delayed a few months from the original proposed date. Initially, I heard spring 2016, that was over a year ago. So ? ?

Comment

• greenman407
        Admiral
        • Feb 2009

I hope it has the actual William Bauer sail on it. I like all those windows in the front. If it does............Im in!
        IT TAKES GREAT INTELLIGENCE TO FAKE SUCH STUPIDITY!

Comment

• Aug 2008

Originally posted by greenman407
          I hope it has the actual William Bauer sail on it. I like all those windows in the front. If it does............Im in!
          Helllllooooooo after-market!

M
          Who is John Galt?

Comment

• greenman407
            Admiral
            • Feb 2009

Originally posted by He Who Shall Not Be Named
            Helllllooooooo after-market!

M
            Aftermarket..................that means you Dave.
            IT TAKES GREAT INTELLIGENCE TO FAKE SUCH STUPIDITY!

Comment

• Aug 2008

ah ... yeahah!
              Who is John Galt?

Comment

• Von Hilde
                Rear Admiral
                • Oct 2011

speeking of Who dis? Dave, I think Hardy Kruger looked much better before the crash, cant help but chuckle every time I see his mug on your avitar. Just when he told Jimmy Stewert with that deadpan sunburnt face he was a "model" aircraft designer. He really was in the Hitler Jung at the end of the war.Click image for larger version

Name:	MV5BMTU4MTUwMzk0MF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMjg0NjAzNA@@__V1_UX214_CR0,0,214,317_AL_.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	13.2 KB
ID:	98932
                Last edited by Von Hilde; 06-25-2015, 06:27 AM.

Comment

• Aug 2008

Originally posted by Von Hilde
                  speeking of Who dis? Dave, I think Hardy Kruger looked much better before the crash, cant help but chuckle every time I see his mug on your avitar. Just when he told Jimmy Stewert with that deadpan sunburnt face he was a "model" aircraft designer. He really was in the Hitler Jung at the end of the war.[ATTACH=CONFIG]31773[/ATTACH]
                  I've spent a fair portion of my professional career giving the 'toy airplane' speech (adjusted to suite the situation) to kids and adults who dared make comments such as, "Hey, mister, neat looking toys you got there!".

Event organizers in the know have learned not to put me anywhere near the static display tables.

So, it was an easy choice when I found a suitable photo of our favorite Hitler Youth.

M
                  Who is John Galt?

Comment

• Von Hilde
                    Rear Admiral
                    • Oct 2011

the stunt man Paul Mantz died flying the full scale cut up and re configgured c119 Flying boxcar, during filming. I think the scale model with all the people on the wing did too as I recall. Great movie tho.

Comment

• Aug 2008

Originally posted by Von Hilde
                      the stunt man Paul Mantz died flying the full scale cut up and re configgured c119 Flying boxcar, during filming. I think the scale model with all the people on the wing did too as I recall. Great movie tho.
                      An excellent movie. Mantz was reported to be drunk at the stick. An otherwise great pilot, and a guy who would find a way to pull off any gag the Director wanted. The fatal crash is out there on the Internet. Likely that plane would have killed him had he been cold sober.

Last of the Wild West flyers to perform for the camera

(the Hewy Twilight Zone crash don't count -- the pyro guys on the ground shot that copter down, killing Morrow and the two kids).

M
                      Who is John Galt?

Comment

Working...