X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Von Hilde
    Rear Admiral
    • Oct 2011

PRK Sinpo sub

Not that I really need to start another boat, but this one has sparked my intrest as a model subject. Reason being, that it doesnt have a bunch of small detail stuff to brake off during operation. Basiclly the same reason fortaking on the Japanese type A sub. Simplicity of the design. I did some hunting around and dug up some pictures and drawings to study. Up untill a coule weeks ago there were no good photos other than blurry satalite views. During the "cold shot tests" the media got some pics of Sinpo#1 finaly at sea. All hands on the fantail waveing. The boat is a copy of the old Heroj with a round bow.Click image for larger version

Name:	Sinpo_launch1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	36.7 KB
ID:	103556Click image for larger version

Name:	Sinpo_launch4.jpg
Size:	42.0 KB
ID:	103557Click image for larger version

Name:	sinpo_march 2 2015.jpg
Size:	88.0 KB
ID:	103558Click image for larger version

Name:	Sinpodrawing.jpg
Size:	23.3 KB
ID:	103559Click image for larger version

Name:	SinpoSide940.jpg
Size:	33.0 KB
ID:	103560Click image for larger version

Name:	SinpoClass-990x541.jpg
Size:	61.1 KB
ID:	103561
  • greenman407
    Admiral
    • Feb 2009

Interesting looking bow.
    IT TAKES GREAT INTELLIGENCE TO FAKE SUCH STUPIDITY!

Comment

• Von Hilde
      Rear Admiral
      • Oct 2011

here is the Heroj they coppied everything but the bow.Click image for larger version

Name:	Heroj.jpg
Size:	38.7 KB
ID:	98644 Dumped the perfectly good sonar array for teeth (tubes for mines and torpedos) and sphericle bow. Kim wants it to look like a boomer.Hes like a wild west gambler, with a 2 shot Derringer, and 5 ticked off cowboy cardplayers all totin 44s, about ready to dump the table on him.
      Last edited by Von Hilde; 05-25-2015, 07:18 AM. Reason: oops bad word

Comment

• greenman407
        Admiral
        • Feb 2009

Hmm............looks like they put a bunch of duct tape on the front.............neat job though......nice......and straight. Maybe they are OCD(obsessive compulsive)
        What was the Bad Word that you edited out Sir! Im surprised at you.
        IT TAKES GREAT INTELLIGENCE TO FAKE SUCH STUPIDITY!

Comment

• Von Hilde
          Rear Admiral
          • Oct 2011

Originally posted by greenman407
          Hmm............looks like they put a bunch of duct tape on the front.............neat job though......nice......and straight. Maybe they are OCD(obsessive compulsive)
          What was the Bad Word that you edited out Sir! Im surprised at you.
          That probbably is duct tape. "protective covering" the transdeucer from ultraviolets. Sort of like the museum outdoor display aircraft have the lexan canopies covered. The Heroj class is one of 3 the Yugo's built. The other two were scrapped and were turned into cars. This pipe went to the museum, then eventually picked up by the PRK. They de enginered and rebuilt the boat(PRK propaganda statement) Actually about all they did was take the sonar bow off. There is a slight discrepancy onoverall liength between the original and the"copy" which leads me to believe, its most likley the same hull, with a re built bow. The forward planes, retract differently on the Heroj than the Korean boat, is one thing I notice. Switchblade folding type instead of stiletto in and out.

Comment

Working...