X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • roedj
    Captain
    • Sep 2008

Dynamic Mongoose naval exercises

Have we been caught putting our defense money in the wrong pot?

We tend to go on and on about random exercises here on Foxtrot Alpha, but this time, it’s different. Operation Dynamic Mongoose is the biggest anti-submarine exercise NATO has ever conducted, and it reflects both deep-seated fears and the effort to catch up on years of management mistakes.

Dan
    Born in Detroit - where the weak are killed and eaten.
  • Von Hilde
    Rear Admiral
    • Oct 2011

They have had ODM in m May for years now. Its the annual rattling of the NATO sabers. Russia has stepped up activity this year, due to Putan's ego and the Croatia issue, and just about lost a sub that was farting around with the exercise. They harrass and dog the fleet with aircraft and subs every year. This year one got too close and was depth charged. (Flash, bang) signal charges, basiclly a warning shot, to deter the sub from the exersises. The Russians are just a flea on the mare's butt. The real problem is Kim Jung Un's sub (that is singular) not a fleet. Somebody should go over there and grab the distributor cap off that antique. The RIMPAC excersise a few monts ago did the same thing as dynamic mongoose, but in the big ocean. 61 countries on the rim of the Pacific all sent at least one ship to play Navy games, with the exception of the PRK being the only country not invited. Needless to say the North Koreans were perplexed. PSYOPS is the mission of these excersises, not really a test of the operational rediness, as it is presented to the general public. As for defense money in the wrong pot??? You jest! I was raised in the military, my Dad was carear Army, I spent 8 years active duty Navy, then DOD for 39 years. the money never goes where its really needed. Never did. My son is active duty Navy. While he is out kicking doors in and clearing rooms with less than adiquate body armor, due to budjet cuts . Theres the guy that ordered the mission sitting in a $7'000 leather recliner smoking a Cuban cigar half way around the world in a big 5 sided building, watching the op on a 60" plasma tv.

Comment

Working...