X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kazzer
    • Aug 2008

US Navy has Swarming Drones!

This looks like FUN!

The US Navy is developing unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs), or drones, that can be launched from a cannon and "swarm" in a co-ordinated attack.
    Stop messing about - just get a Sub-driver!
  • Kazzer
    • Aug 2008

Here's my fun for the summer, my Chinese River Raft.

We lost the canopy over the winter due to high winds, so repairs are in order. I managed to get a couple of clips in from my DJI drone too!

I'll be running my Skipjack in the pool too! It's going to be a busy summer! Yippee!

Comment

• Von Hilde
      Rear Admiral
      • Oct 2011

Wow 8 sections of sewer pipe a briggs and stratton with a long pipe off the flywheel for a, shaft and a prop. split a sheet of plywood for the deck. I have it all in my yard. And a couple lawn chairs and a party tent, Good to go. Soon as it hits the water around here, the Marine Patrol will stop it , thinking its a Cuban "Chug". The County is putting in sewers all over the Keys with that blue pipe. There are stacks of it everywhere up and down the road. That would sure be a dead giveaway during a boarding inspection. "Excuse me sir, do you have receipts for all that stuff?" Life jackets, whistle, flairs. registration? yada yada... Its a great idea, using the pipe like bamboo for floatation. Being its designed for river traffic, shallow draft, its not too beamy allowing for passing traffic in limited space, works fine in China and all over SE Asia. I have seen them in several countrys from Thailand, Viet Nam, Phillipeans. I was thinking for an oceanic application It would make a nice party barge, adding on pipes to make a 10x20 platform with an outboard, for the back country islands in the Keys, with a car cover tent tho.

Comment

• Kazzer
        • Aug 2008

Originally posted by Von Hilde
        Wow 8 sections of sewer pipe a briggs and stratton with a long pipe off the flywheel for a, shaft and a prop. split a sheet of plywood for the deck. I have it all in my yard. And a couple lawn chairs and a party tent, Good to go. Soon as it hits the water around here, the Marine Patrol will stop it , thinking its a Cuban "Chug". The County is putting in sewers all over the Keys with that blue pipe. There are stacks of it everywhere up and down the road. That would sure be a dead giveaway during a boarding inspection. "Excuse me sir, do you have receipts for all that stuff?" Life jackets, whistle, flairs. registration? yada yada... Its a great idea, using the pipe like bamboo for floatation. Being its designed for river traffic, shallow draft, its not too beamy allowing for passing traffic in limited space, works fine in China and all over SE Asia. I have seen them in several countrys from Thailand, Viet Nam, Phillipeans. I was thinking for an oceanic application It would make a nice party barge, adding on pipes to make a 10x20 platform with an outboard, for the back country islands in the Keys, with a car cover tent tho.
        The raft has a registration number with NY State. The Sheriff had to visit us to assign the BIN # and take a photo, which now takes pride of place in their office as the most crazy boat on the canal. And yes, we carry life jackets, whistles, anchor and flares.

So, you're going to make one eh? DO IT! Make my day! See www.mud-skipper.com for parts. The engine is a 16hp electric start @ about $300.
        Last edited by Kazzer; 04-18-2015, 06:42 AM.

Comment

Working...