X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SSBN659
    Commander
    • Feb 2009

Need help with kilo rudder

I have my KILO rudder master ready to go but ran out of silicon while making the molds for the planes. Before spending more money ( yes, that's always a consideration when you're retired) on more silicone I need some advice. The rudder master is made of Renshape and painted in two coats of primer. I'm thinking that I'll use the master instead of making a mold and casting for a one off piece. My concern is waterproofing the rudder master. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1971.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	86.5 KB
ID:	103523Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2245.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	90.3 KB
ID:	103524

"Will" Rogers
    SSBN659
  • He Who Shall Not Be Named
    • Aug 2008

Originally posted by SSBN659
    I have my KILO rudder master ready to go but ran out of silicon while making the molds for the planes. Before spending more money ( yes, that's always a consideration when you're retired) on more silicone I need some advice. The rudder master is made of Renshape and painted in two coats of primer. I'm thinking that I'll use the master instead of making a mold and casting for a one off piece. My concern is waterproofing the rudder master. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]30790[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]30791[/ATTACH]

"Will" Rogers
    SSBN659

Looks like you used the very light-weight (low density) RenShape. You'll ding the bottom as you run along the bottom of the pool, but the thing (stabilizer and rudder) are of sufficient cross section not to break. Use e'm as is.

No worry about them getting water-logged as the foam is closed cell.

M
    Who is John Galt?

Comment

Working...