X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Von Hilde
    Rear Admiral
    • Oct 2011

lights and sound with the action?

Ive been looking at fiber optic lighting as an option to lite up some of my boats. There is some amazing products available for lighting up RC aircraft/dioramas/ships ect. Suitable for small scale models. The end projected fiber and side projected, mainly caught my eye. The end projected for running lights and such where you have a limited space for a bulb and wire and fixture. The side projection could be for indirect neon type lighting inside hatches or in the tower, or in static models with the cut away hulls showing the compartments. While I was looking around at the various aplications of model lighting, I came across the trains with the ocelating headlamps and strobes. The strobes could be used on the masthead of the schnorkle or perriscope for night ops. The Trains have had the diesel sound chips for awhille. They are realistic sounding, because they are a didgital sampling of the real deal. The sound varies from an idle, to increasing rpm, as the voltage is applied to the motor, and even has a max power increase when the "turbos" cut in at the hi end. These units were rather large initially, and were in the big scale trains to accomidate the motherboard and speakers. They had other sounds programmed in as well. Like bells and whistles and horns. For the R/C aircraft with the brushless micro motors there is a small lightweight sound system with 50mm speaker. They run around $100 a pop. The programmed sounds range from engine start up, idle, taxi, to run up, and full throttle. There is a company that will program any additional sound you want into the module, so you could add guns to your P-51 and with the running lights and the flashing strobes in the gun ports, fly over your neighbors house and strafe their dog's house at night.
Working...