X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • greenman407
    Admiral
    • Feb 2009

Videos i have watched

Well................as I was saying, before I was so rudely interrupted(Dave)..... Grey Lady Down, was the DVD I was watching. As usual, they have some scenes with the Submarine surfacing, and this part would be played be a submarine in the inventory, although it looks different from the model submarine used in the underwater shots. Anyway, in this movie in the opening scenes it shows a submarine surfacing. I was having trouble making it out. I did a screen capture of it. Can you make out what submarine it is? Sorry, thats as bright as I could get it. It was a night shot....ya know.Click image for larger version

Name:	Trigger sail DVD.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	35.2 KB
ID:	103138Click image for larger version

Name:	Trigger sail 2.JPG
Size:	49.9 KB
ID:	103139
    IT TAKES GREAT INTELLIGENCE TO FAKE SUCH STUPIDITY!
  • trout
    Admiral
    • Jul 2011

Click image for larger version

Name:	grey_lady.jpg
Size:	80.7 KB
ID:	91383
    Lightened up a little.
    If you can cut, drill, saw, hit things and swear a lot, you're well on the way to building a working model sub.

Comment

• greenman407
      Admiral
      • Feb 2009

Thanks, that looks better.Click image for larger version

Name:	Trigger sail 2.JPG
Size:	47.8 KB
ID:	91387Click image for larger version

Name:	Trigger sail DVD.JPG
Size:	42.9 KB
ID:	91388 Oh, here are the two that I was supposed to upload, I had made these brighter, but they were in a different file. At anyrate, can anyone ID this sub based on the shape of the sail?

Comment

• trout
        Admiral
        • Jul 2011

Mark, you labeled the sub as Trigger and I think it could be certainly a Tang class sub looking at these http://www.designed4submariners.com/Tang_Class.html
        The unique part is the additional tear-drop shear on top of the sail. Thoughts?
        If you can cut, drill, saw, hit things and swear a lot, you're well on the way to building a working model sub.

Comment

• greenman407
          Admiral
          • Feb 2009

Nice website there. If you compare those pics with the ones at:http://www.navsource.org/archives/08/08564.htm you will find that each boat of the Tang class had a different sail and that each boat had changes to that sail during there career. Its obvious to me that the sub in the movie was indeed the Trigger of the Tang class. And yes, that sail doohickey thing you mentioned is part of it.

Comment

Working...