• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ronin055
    Lieutenant, Junior Grade
    • Feb 2014

Inherited Thor Design Sturgeon Class

Hey guys !

Im new here to your forum. I was invited by a couple of members to come over and share whats going on with my Submarine.

Long Story short, I inherited a Thor Design Sturgeon class sub from a friend of mine who owns a hobby shop. He recieved it as part of an estate from a late friend of his.

This is how she looked when I got her.

• He Who Shall Not Be Named
    • Aug 2008

Guy's,

Cecil's got one of the best running r/c submarine hulls out there, the Thor 1/96 STURGEON class kit.

I've been walking him through the process of getting this used r/c sub back up to speed, along with much good help from the guys at R/C Universe (a sight, among others, that has banned me for life!). I've been communicating with Cecil via e-mail, doing it back-channel as I can't get past the R/C Universe sniper. Now, with a WIP underway here, I hope to be of more help. You other bums join in and we'll give him the traditional introductory super-wedgy given to all newbie's.

The WTC he got is one of my old WTC-3 units. However, this one is equipped with a re-cast (I would love to hear the story about THAT!!!!), clear motor-bulkhead, and a weird looking, off-brand vent valve.

He's got the system working and has done a fine job stripping the old paint and applying a new finish.

M
    Who is John Galt?

Comment

Working...