Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kazzer
    • Aug 2008

Iphone has a pitch controller!

The new IOs7 has a new app called compass. It's an upgrade of the compass program - BUT it's got a leveller - a spirit level but with a difference. This one does pitch, roll and yaw.

Goodness knows how one would stick an iphone in a boat, but maybe some bright spark could find out how to rob an old phone of this part?

See it here

I can see the day when one could offer an a Iphone plug-in attachment, that can transmit a 75mhz signal and act as the radio transmitter. I'll bet someone is working on it!
    Stop messing about - just get a Sub-driver!
  • Subculture
    Admiral
    • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Kazzer

Goodness knows how one would stick an iphone in a boat, but maybe some bright spark could find out how to rob an old phone of this part?

I can see the day when one could offer an a Iphone plug-in attachment, that can transmit a 75mhz signal and act as the radio transmitter. I'll bet someone is working on it!
    It's just an accelerometer chip, they cost pennies these days. An iphone radio tx has been out for sometime. Google iphly.

Comment

• Kazzer
      • Aug 2008

I knew it! Someone had to have done this. Thanks Andy. Cough up all those who bet a $100 on this! (I'm cleaning up on this one!)

This really is quite incredible.

Here is the attachment - Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_8606.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	24.7 KB
ID:	83345

and

Stop messing about - just get a Sub-driver!

Comment

• herrmill
        Commander
        • Dec 2008

The Chinese heli & multi-rotor folks have been hawking these for the past few years now & you can't walk the halls at SIME or any hobby or toy expo without someone pestering to offer you their iPhone to you for a demo flight. They also come quite small as you can see here.

Click image for larger version

Name:	heli.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	28.8 KB
ID:	83349

Comment

Working...