Would anyone want a British K Class submarine hull in 1/72?
Collapse
X
-
Didn't someone like Special Navy produce an insert to make a VII into a minelayer? It went in between the two Revell hull halves to extend it a few inches? -
Deans Marine offer a K Class Hull = http://www.deansmarine.co.uk/shop/pr...oducts_id/2251 At approx $160 + shipping No planes, rudder conning tower etc.
Length 53" Beam 4.25"
Original = http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_K-class_submarinescale @ 1:72 =56.5" length 4.41" beamLength: 339 ft (103 m) Beam: 26 ft 6 in (8.08 m)
I have an M1 mold which I shall shortly start producing a vacu-formed hull. I haven't had time to get the former running due to outdoor jobs around the home and looking after my wife after her surgery.
The model is 50" long with a beam of 4.1"
The M1 specs are =http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HMS_M1Frankly, I don't think the model is worth fiddling with to achieve perfect scale, it's so close. I also have the mold for the M1 superstructure, conning tower, rudder and dive planes. And lets not forget the gun.Length: 295 ft 9 in (90.14 m) Beam: 24 ft 8 in (7.52 m
scale 49.1" long 4.1" beam
I posted some pics of my almost finished M1 on the forum, can't remember where.
I hope to get it in the water shortly. I made the keel too heavy and and now trying to remove some material to lighten it up.
I left off this project back in April with the intent that as soon as the bad weather set in, I'd finish it. If those interested in this would hold off for a month, it won't take me too long to churn out some hulls on my former.Last edited by Kazzer; 09-16-2013, 05:56 PM.Leave a comment:
-
I might be game. If it's a quality product. A historically important design.
MLeave a comment:
-
Hello Kim,
If the price was within my budget, I could be interested in one. Besides 4 R/C Subs, I've built 2 full size steam launches. One 18' and the other 21'.
Regards,
MyronLeave a comment:
-
Would anyone want a British K Class submarine hull in 1/72?
Hi all,
forgive me if this has already been covered elsewhere (I couldn't find anything).
I have a long-term plan (about 12 months away??) to get a 1/72 hull built for me for the British K Class Fleet submarine. It is a big hull, about 56" long, and would need at least a Gato Sub Driver or maybe whatever is going to go in the new Revel Type IX U-Boat.
My question is, if I can talk the man in question into doing me a hull, is there anyone out there who might want to order one too once he has done the first one? I'm not asking for firm orders here, just a show of hands of anyone who might be interested.
Personally I think the K Class would make a great model - there is a big superstructure with folding funnels, telescoping radio masts, lots of complexity, and up to three deck guns to add interest.
To my knowledge there is no-one offering a 1/72 scale hull for this submarine (there is a semi-scale one offered by a UK company but it is NOT 1/72, more like 1/80).
The hull could also be used, with suitable superstructure, for any of the M-Class boats too.
Let me know what you think.
Kim in AustraliaTags: None
Leave a comment: