X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • greenman407
    Admiral
    • Feb 2009

Bad news

I was on the phone yesterday with a representative of Graupner USA. He told me that all the Graupner "SPEED" series motors are being discontinued. He told me that the 480 ball bearing race motors that I was just told several months ago were due in January, have been discontinued. If you can believe it.Very Angry
    IT TAKES GREAT INTELLIGENCE TO FAKE SUCH STUPIDITY!
  • Subculture
    Admiral
    • Feb 2009

Someone posted about Graupner on another forum. It appears they are basically bankrupt, so it's unlikely they are going to continue as they did in the past.

Comment

• He Who Shall Not Be Named
      • Aug 2008

Originally posted by greenman407
      I was on the phone yesterday with a representative of Graupner USA. He told me that all the Graupner "SPEED" series motors are being discontinued. He told me that the 480 ball bearing race motors that I was just told several months ago were due in January, have been discontinued. If you can believe it.Very Angry
      A little salve for you and John Slater: by this time tomorrow the new 3" SD tools will be finished.
      Who is John Galt?

Comment

• greenman407
        Admiral
        • Feb 2009

Dave, refresh my memory. Is the new 3" SD going to be powered by 540 motors?
        IT TAKES GREAT INTELLIGENCE TO FAKE SUCH STUPIDITY!

Comment

• Slats
          Vice Admiral
          • Aug 2008

Originally posted by He Who Shall Not Be Named
          A little salve for you and John Slater: by this time tomorrow the new 3" SD tools will be finished.
          Excellent

J
          John Slater

Sydney Australia

You would not steal a wallet so don't steal people's livelihood.
          Think of that before your buy "cheap" pirated goods or download others work protected by copyright. Theft is theft.

sigpic

Comment

• Slats
            Vice Admiral
            • Aug 2008

I think that is the plan

J
            John Slater

Sydney Australia

Think of that before your buy "cheap" pirated goods or download others work protected by copyright. Theft is theft.

sigpic

Comment

• He Who Shall Not Be Named
              • Aug 2008

Both the single-shaft, single-motor, and two-shaft, two-motor bulkheads will be equipped with the same 12-volt 380 motors used on the GATO. Also, these motor bulkheads feature a 3:1 gearing off each motor. Hope to post pictures later tonight/early this morning ...
              Who is John Galt?

Comment

• Slats
                Vice Admiral
                • Aug 2008

Originally posted by He Who Shall Not Be Named
                Both the single-shaft, single-motor, and two-shaft, two-motor bulkheads will be equipped with the same 12-volt 380 motors used on the GATO. Also, these motor bulkheads feature a 3:1 gearing off each motor. Hope to post pictures later tonight/early this morning ...
                That motor and gearing should push it along nicely and and offer the user a wide range of input voltages without too much motor heat and good rate of efficiency for wide range of propeller sizes.

I'll be using my new single shaft, single motor 3" SDs in Diesel electric models, hardly speed demons, and 7.2v will do them nicely.

J
                John Slater

Sydney Australia

sigpic

Comment

• Slats
                  Vice Admiral
                  • Aug 2008

Originally posted by Subculture
                  Someone posted about Graupner on another forum. It appears they are basically bankrupt, so it's unlikely they are going to continue as they did in the past.
                  Sad -a good company. End of an era I guess.

J
                  John Slater

Sydney Australia

sigpic

Comment

Working...