X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • greenman407
    Admiral
    • Feb 2009

Long search is over!

Ive been looking for this picture for years. I used to have it , then I lost it. Its a fuzzy, murky picture of a Los Angelos dual prop or fancy attenuator I dont know which. Since its not real clear as far as photographic quality is concerned, perhaps its not objectionable to post. Im not sure as to which boat it came from nor whether its a experiment or the Norm.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Los Angelos dual prop zoom.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	83.8 KB
ID:	102184
    IT TAKES GREAT INTELLIGENCE TO FAKE SUCH STUPIDITY!
  • greenman407
    Admiral
    • Feb 2009

A little more research suggests that this is the Original Los Angelos, the 688. The prop is a 7 blade standard with an 11 blade Vortex Attenuator. The picture was taken in Austrailia. The picture is on the 688 webpage under Westpack 1999 and has been there for years. It was a small picture but I zoomed in on it a wee bit. No one seems too worried about it.
    http://www.la-ex.org/View_Photos/199...9_westpac.html:pop
    Last edited by greenman407; 02-18-2013, 01:33 PM.

Comment

• Peter W
      Captain
      • May 2011

Mark, That is a good picture. To follow on from a comment you made a while ago, it shows the difference between google over here in Blighty compared to Florida as that is quite a common image on any relevant search I make so much so that I thought it was old news. Makes me think.

Peter

Comment

• greenman407
        Admiral
        • Feb 2009

I have often said that its easier to find a picture of a Russian prop than an American one, at least over here. I guess its because its still a class of Submarine that is still heavily used. All the pictures of Russian subs you and I post, the equivalent in American subs, I cannot find.

Comment

• Slats
          Vice Admiral
          • Aug 2008

Australian Collins Class prop is identical.

J
          John Slater

Sydney Australia

You would not steal a wallet so don't steal people's livelihood.
          Think of that before your buy "cheap" pirated goods or download others work protected by copyright. Theft is theft.

sigpic

Comment

Working...