X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • satlite440
    Lieutenant Commander
    • Jul 2012

thanks david

ok your favorite pain in the a$$ is back.. can i just say YOUR THE MAN!!!!.. esc in hows this? ...also i have a few questions...

1 how do i know how much gas i'm getting in the tank?any tips/tricks
    2 how do you know how long to blow gas to bring her up?i'm guessing it's a learn/feel thing i know that the 1st blow she pops right up..
    3 whats the best way to attach the blocks for the lpb pipeing to the cyclinder?????

thanks again to david and all the rest of you guys for making my dream become real

shane
  • He Who Shall Not Be Named
    • Aug 2008

Originally posted by satlite440
    ok your favorite pain in the a$$ is back.. can i just say YOUR THE MAN!!!!.. esc in hows this? ...also i have a few questions...

1 how do i know how much gas i'm getting in the tank?any tips/tricks
    2 how do you know how long to blow gas to bring her up?i'm guessing it's a learn/feel thing i know that the 1st blow she pops right up..
    3 whats the best way to attach the blocks for the lpb pipeing to the cyclinder?????

thanks again to david and all the rest of you guys for making my dream become real

shane
    It's all worth while when I see someone moving forward with the project, Shane. My pleasure, sir.

1. You first charge the on-board bottle with a shot of propellant -- not much liquid gets in because the bottle is warm. You then vent the on-board bottle charge to atmospher to chill the bottle, lowering its 'energy', you then quickly charge again. Do this once and you get enough liquid in there for about ten blows.

2. It's a learn/feel thing .... Duh!

3. CA. File the surface of the Lexan to give some tooth, contour sand the bottom of the manifold to the cylinder, position, then lay on some thin formula CA.
    Who is John Galt?

Comment

• satlite440
      Lieutenant Commander
      • Jul 2012

aye aye sir!

Comment

• trout
        Admiral
        • Jul 2011

I attached my blocks on differently, I used RTV. If the attachment is to fit the curve, lay down some sandpaper (rough side up) and sand the block against the tube. This will shape the block to your tube and prepare it to be attached.
        Click image for larger version

Name:	WTC_Link_008.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	97.2 KB
ID:	75586Click image for larger version

Name:	WTC_Link_010.jpg
Size:	93.6 KB
ID:	75587Click image for larger version

Name:	WTC_Link_011.jpg
Size:	93.1 KB
ID:	75588Click image for larger version

Name:	WTC_Link_012.jpg
Size:	87.9 KB
ID:	75589
        Then I framed the block (where you want it attached) with tape, sanded the area, (second picture was to show the clean lines that it will allow) with tape on I applied RTV to the item to be attached and there you go.
        Last edited by trout; 01-04-2013, 01:36 PM.
        If you can cut, drill, saw, hit things and swear a lot, you're well on the way to building a working model sub.

Comment

Working...