WFLY 6 Channel Transmitter at 75mhz not communicating w/ LEPRON 6CH 75mhz receiver?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • onthewave
    Ensign
    • Nov 2012

WFLY 6 Channel Transmitter at 75mhz not communicating w/ LEPRON 6CH 75mhz receiver?

Anyone had a problem with the WFLY 6 Channel Transmitter 75mhz not communicating with any device attached to a Lepton 6 Channel Receiver 75 mhz. Is there some trick I don't know about with these FM systems...I installed the 75mhz crystal in the receiver and nothing.

New out of the box. I had a 2.4ghz setup on my homebuilt ROV and it worked fine, just limited range so switched and can't get them to communicate. ESC's, Servo and relay do nothing when attached to this receiver.
  • onthewave
    Ensign
    • Nov 2012

Do I need to set something up so they are communicating on the same DIGITAL channel riding on the 75mhz? Shadow gizmo?

Comment

• He Who Shall Not Be Named
      • Aug 2008

There was a packaging problem over at Caswell with some of the Lepton-6 receivers sold. The receiver was packaged with the wrong crystal (no crystal shold be provided). If you have a white banded, ch-69 crystal with your receiver and are using it, it won't work. That crystal is a Wfly product and is of the dual-conversion type. The Lepton-6 requires a mini (UM) crystal of the single-conversion type to work.

This sound like your problem, onthewave?

David
      Who is John Galt?

Comment

• onthewave
        Ensign
        • Nov 2012

Yes. It did come with a small crystal that said 75mhz and a small white pull tag that says 69. I'll request that crystal. Thank you!
        Harry

Comment

• Aug 2008

Sorry about the grief if caused you, Harry. We'll get you through this.

David
          Who is John Galt?

Comment

• onthewave
            Ensign
            • Nov 2012

Oh are you actually part of the company? If so can you please have them send me out the correct crystal ASAP or tell me where to get one?
            I built a 5D (3D and 2D underwater ROV camera system that will be shown at a large diving industry show in less than 2 weeks, DEMA.Click image for larger version

Name:	ROV2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	49.3 KB
ID:	74222

Comment

• Aug 2008

Nope, I'm associated with Caswell, and we carry the Sombra Labs products.

Here's the dope on the crystals and where to get them, Harry:

caliberhobby.com is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, caliberhobby.com has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

Get the GWXI/R75550 this one is for Ch-69.

You have to pay them for the crystal.

Neat looking ROV!

David
              Who is John Galt?

Comment

• trout
                Admiral
                • Jul 2011

David,
                i think for ch-69 you need
                GWX1/R75570

FM-RX CH-69 CRYSTAL: 10PPM/75.570MHZ FOR PICO & NARO/UM-1/FP & JR..
                $10.00

The R75550 is for ch-68
                If you can cut, drill, saw, hit things and swear a lot, you're well on the way to building a working model sub.

Comment

• trout
                  Admiral
                  • Jul 2011

Originally posted by onthewave
                  Oh are you actually part of the company? If so can you please have them send me out the correct crystal ASAP or tell me where to get one?
                  I built a 5D (3D and 2D underwater ROV camera system that will be shown at a large diving industry show in less than 2 weeks, DEMA.[ATTACH=CONFIG]16648[/ATTACH]
                  is that the Las Vegas DEMA conference?
                  If you can cut, drill, saw, hit things and swear a lot, you're well on the way to building a working model sub.

Comment

• Aug 2008

Tom, thank you for the correction. You got that, onthewave?

David
                    Who is John Galt?

Comment

• trout
                      Admiral
                      • Jul 2011

David, I will be ordering one too! I thought when it came in, how nice that a crystal was included. I am glad that onthwave went through this (or I would have been the one pulling my hair out-sorry onthewave, I do not want to wish anyone troubles).

Comment

• onthewave
                        Ensign
                        • Nov 2012

Thank you Tom and David! I ordered it ! Hopefully that will take care of the problem. And yes going to DEMA. As far as SUBs I was lucky enough to participate in the last ALVIN DSV Dive with Mike deGruy & Dr. Chuck Fisher aboard the RV Atlantis. I'll leave the real RC Sub building to you experts!

Comment

• Aug 2008

No, ****! Were you one of the fly-away team guys? Neat duty. Too bad they gutted the program. We're going to look silly if we suffer a KURSK type incident in shallow water and can't deliver enough assets in time to be useful. Then again, when we loose another boat (not if, but when), not likely there will much more to do than survey the debris field and collect evidence.

David
                          Who is John Galt?

Comment

Working...