Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Subculture
    Admiral
    • Feb 2009

Western palates are quite happy to eat shrimps, crab, lobster etc. Just insects of the deep. At least you can see what you're getting. A burger could be reconstituted cow pats for you all you know, and by the look and taste of some of that stuff, I'm not so sure it isn't far from the truth

Comment

• He Who Shall Not Be Named
      • Aug 2008

Originally posted by Subculture
      Western palates are quite happy to eat shrimps, crab, lobster etc. Just insects of the deep. At least you can see what you're getting. A burger could be reconstituted cow pats for you all you know, and by the look and taste of some of that stuff, I'm not so sure it isn't far from the truth
      Points well made, Andy. But, really ... spiders on a stick!!????
      Who is John Galt?

Comment

• Kazzer
        • Aug 2008

Originally posted by herrmill
        See what you missed Saturday night?

A dazzling display of fireworks in China turned frightening when the pyrotechnics misfired into the crowd, sending 151 spectators to the hospital with gashes and burns. The West Lake International …

Darn! We missed that! How annoying, and all the time I was having the worst flight of my life! I should have stayed! (American Airlines suck!)
        Stop messing about - just get a Sub-driver!

Comment

• Kazzer
          • Aug 2008

A trip to your local slaughterhouse could probably show you a split cow's intestine or two, who's contents could easily get into the minced meat! And we all know that in a chicken factory there is a machine that probes up the chicken's bum to pull the guts out in one piece. This also spills E coli all over the bird, which then floats in a 'bath' of warm dirty water.
          Yes, these things can seriously effect your diet. What else is there, except lettuce?

Comment

• Aug 2008

Yuck! I'm off to eat a salad!
            Who is John Galt?

Comment

• Kazzer
              • Aug 2008

I almost forgot - It's Hairy Crab Season - when crabs are at their juiciest in China, so the advertising goes!
              And I think I've eaten one, along with an oyster or two and a couple of baby conch. Honest! I tried the Hairy Crabs! You'll never get fat on 'em, that's for sure!Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0765.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	89.3 KB
ID:	73708

Comment

• Subculture
                Admiral
                • Feb 2009

Never been a big fan of shellfish or seafood in general. Don't mind a nice bit of fish, and scallops are really nice- pan fried in butter, yum!

Comment

• Aug 2008

I too, in my younger days, caught a few hairy crabs. Visiting far-off, exotic lands will do that (rim-shot).

David
                  Who is John Galt?

Comment

• Kazzer
                    • Aug 2008

Originally posted by He Who Shall Not Be Named
                    I too, in my younger days, caught a few hairy crabs. Visiting far-off, exotic lands will do that (rim-shot).

David
                    Aha! That'll happen on those 'Western' toilets. You need to use these -Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1054.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	95.4 KB
ID:	73739

Then the little buggas can't jump that high! (Unless your knees give out!)
                    Last edited by Kazzer; 10-16-2012, 10:02 AM.

Comment

• herrmill
                      Commander
                      • Dec 2008

The problem with those crappers is that the floors tend to be on the nasty side. Even my 2-1/2 daughter shies away from them!

One thing Mike may not want to get into is the issue the majority Chinese males have in hitting the spot when it comes to using urinals. They prefer to stand back a foot or more from the fixture & spray all over the place: wall, floors, neighboring legs, etc.. I give them as much room as I can whenever I have to use a public WC!

Comment

• Aug 2008

Well .... so much for dinner!
                        Who is John Galt?

Comment

Working...