WFLY 8Ch converting from 72Mhz to 75Mhz??

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Stefan
    Lieutenant, Junior Grade
    • Aug 2012

WFLY 8Ch converting from 72Mhz to 75Mhz??

Have a WFT08 and the RF module in the back is for 72Mhz. Can I swap it with a module for 75Mhz to get on surface frequency and if yes where would I get one of these WFTRFO1 modules for 75Mhz and the appropriate quartz.

Thanks, Stefan
  • He Who Shall Not Be Named
    • Aug 2008

Yes.

Each module has the radio-frequency tuned circuit within it. If you get the type of module that is crystal controlled (requiring a specific channel crystal installed), then you need the appropriate crystal that is of a channel on that band.

Or, you can get a module to the band you want that is of the 'synthetic crystal' type, that you can set to any of the channels on that band.

E-bay is the place to find that stuff. I hear the Hi-Tech modules will work in the WFly transmitter.

David
    Who is John Galt?

Comment

• Stefan
      Lieutenant, Junior Grade
      • Aug 2012

Thanks,

Found a 75Mhz module on Ebay with channel 72. Still looking for the PLL synthesized ones for 75Mhz to avoid having to swap crystals.

Good call David!

Stefan

Comment

• He Who Shall Not Be Named
        • Aug 2008

Originally posted by Stefan
        Thanks,

Found a 75Mhz module on Ebay with channel 72. Still looking for the PLL synthesized ones for 75Mhz to avoid having to swap crystals.

Good call David!

Stefan
        Thank you, but credit goes to Andy Lawrance and Kevin McLeod for doing the research here, I just passed it on. Good luck with your 75mHz module hunt.

David
        Who is John Galt?

Comment

Working...