• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Albion
    Captain
    • Dec 2008

T shirts

im not selling myself, but this kind of cool

Next time someone points out it takes 42 muscles to frown, point out it will only take 4 muscles to b1tch slap them if they tell you how mnay muscles you need to smile:pop
  • Subculture
    Admiral
    • Feb 2009

Type XXIII, Gotland, Typhoon, Akula, Type VII (probably B variant). Dunno about that stupid looking yellow thing in the middle though, who'd be barmy enough to build one of those.....!

Comment

• He Who Shall Not Be Named
      • Aug 2008

Did you finish it!? The world wants to know, Andy!
      Who is John Galt?

Comment

• Subculture
        Admiral
        • Feb 2009

Almost there with it. The big stumbling point has been the onboard sound system, chiefly getting a decent tone and volume from a system that can withstand the elements. Now I could say, sod the beatles, and nix the sound system, but I think it's such an intrinsic part of a working model of the yellow submarine, it has to be done.

Experiments so far have proved a bit disappointing- I tried using nxt sounders, these are like a voice coil of a loudspeaker, but minus the diaphragm. The idea behind this was they could happily live in the free flood area, and use th hull it's self as the sounder. I have found that drivers small enough to fit in the small boat, work very well with lightweight substrates like foam, but not so good on a GRP hull, which is quite rigid and firm. Now you might say i could put a foam sheet or board under the hull and use that- true enough, and I considered that- problem is packaging- the shape of the hull doesn't lend itself well to a wide flat sheet being placed above the waterline. In addition I found the sound level given out was low when compared with conventional diaphragm based drivers. So they were inefficient- not good in a battery powered craft.

So it's 'plan B' which is to incorporate one or two small high excursion drivers. These will most definitely give adequate sound pressure levels from a small amplifier of about 1W RMS, but bring their own special challenges.

Comment

Working...