Clear All
  • Slats
    Vice Admiral
    • Aug 2008

1/1 Scale Airfix type kit of an Aston Martin

Not a sub - but nonetheless interesting:

John Slater

Sydney Australia

You would not steal a wallet so don't steal people's livelihood.
    Think of that before your buy "cheap" pirated goods or download others work protected by copyright. Theft is theft.

sigpic
  • Albion
    Captain
    • Dec 2008

I had a look at the website for the people who built it, have a look at their normal work!!!! If i had the money to drop for only one of their cars, i don't know which i would choose, all drop dead gorgeous

Next time someone points out it takes 42 muscles to frown, point out it will only take 4 muscles to b1tch slap them if they tell you how mnay muscles you need to smile:pop

Comment

• Slats
      Vice Admiral
      • Aug 2008

Am saving like mad to buy one of these:
      Jeremy Clarkson takes the pocket sized but punchy Lotus Evora out on to the Top Gear track. But with electronic gizmos in the front where an engine would nor...

Problem is 50K GBP on the road in the UK drive away, whilst converting to 77K AUD, yields a ridiculous sticker price here of $140K AUD.
      Difference is the Commie Govt here hates cars and slapped on a Luxury Car Tax on top of Import Duty, and GST!! That's about half the difference, other half is dealership here is a monopoly and charges what they like. Bear in mind the 50K GBP price in the UK packs into profit already. Funny thing is Lotus here is bemoaning that can't sell cars to Australians? - Gee I wonder why.

J
      John Slater

Sydney Australia

Think of that before your buy "cheap" pirated goods or download others work protected by copyright. Theft is theft.

sigpic

Comment

• Albion
        Captain
        • Dec 2008

My heart bleeds, only AUD140k for a Lotus, I would be looking at AUD80K to replace my vanilla 2 litre Mazda, the Lotus is going to be AUD200K, and then some muppet will smack their car door into it. Singapore has the most expensive car pricing in the world yet people have no respect for someone else's car. I keep threatening to buy a mark 1 Landrover from Malaysia and just drive into anyone who cuts me up. A guy scraped down the side the other week while my wife was in the car. It just about polished out but still some marks on it. He refused to wind window down and just drove off. We reported it to the police and were asked two questions, was anyone hurt, was any government property damaged. with the answer to both being no, there was nothing they could do. Seems he visits his daughter up the road, so next time his car is there its getting some additions to the styling, which wont involve any damage to government property.
        Next time someone points out it takes 42 muscles to frown, point out it will only take 4 muscles to b1tch slap them if they tell you how mnay muscles you need to smile:pop

Comment

• Slats
          Vice Admiral
          • Aug 2008

Originally posted by Albion
          My heart bleeds, only AUD140k for a Lotus, I would be looking at AUD80K to replace my vanilla 2 litre Mazda, the Lotus is going to be AUD200K, and then some muppet will smack their car door into it. Singapore has the most expensive car pricing in the world yet people have no respect for someone else's car. I keep threatening to buy a mark 1 Landrover from Malaysia and just drive into anyone who cuts me up. A guy scraped down the side the other week while my wife was in the car. It just about polished out but still some marks on it. He refused to wind window down and just drove off. We reported it to the police and were asked two questions, was anyone hurt, was any government property damaged. with the answer to both being no, there was nothing they could do. Seems he visits his daughter up the road, so next time his car is there its getting some additions to the styling, which wont involve any damage to government property.
          yeah I won't complain.He's on his favorite Plenty of folks worse off. But ain't car lust fun :biggrin:
          John Slater

Sydney Australia

sigpic

Comment

Working...