X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Snipah
    Lieutenant
    • Jul 2012

Thanks Mike and Dave!

Just a quick thanks for my order turning up, safe and sound down here. Talk about excited. Even the NZ customs people rang me and asked WTF is that you bought, then gave me a bill :-)

Fine craftmanship Dave. I dont know how you can make something so darn interesting and exciting looking and hell of a daunting proposition all in one package.
    What more could a modeller ask for!!!!!! and thanks too Mike for making it all happen chap! Top Lads..........

Now go smack the packing fairy as the type vii fittings kit ordered must be on extended shore leave and never made the boat before it sailed from NY :-(
    Heh its AWOL

I will be placing another order for a Gato SD, fittings kit, Snort etc (probably separately). Can we add the MIA bits it to that?
    You can email me on snipah@ihug.co.nz if needs be.

Thanks again

Brett
  • He Who Shall Not Be Named
    • Aug 2008

Thank you, Brett. You're very kind. Stop that!

Overseas shipping kills our business: the high tariff's, poor 'handling', high shipping costs, and spotty reliability of the various carriers involved.

This customer service end of the business is Mike's responsibility. I know that no one else does a better job of packing and getting product out the door once an order is in hand. His organization performs exceptionally well. It's the horrors the packages are subjected too once out the door that is killing us. Those horrors compounded by the number of hands that get on the box(s) during its trip from Mike's facility to the customer.

Your fittings kits are delayed because of me -- I'm way behind on those, but have caught up with most of that work recently, so you should be seeing that Type-7 fittings kit soon.

David
    Who is John Galt?

Comment

• Snipah
      Lieutenant
      • Jul 2012

Ahh mate its all good, cheers for letting me know. I laughed my preverbial off when customs rang. I must be on their "must watch for unusual toys list" hahahahaha

Package was well packed.
      Nothing broken at all, nor moved within its tube. Fedex are usually pretty good I find.
      Granted not all people / countries get treated the same it seems.

I am going to put pics of my build on my website with links on the forum here and if the Trout-man is reading this, email me and we can get onto our project chap!
      Does Mike have a logo he would allow me to use on my site, with permission of course, for links to your products? Just tell me which one, or send me a link
      Just would like to advise folks where I get stuff for my projects.

Thanks again Dave and Mike, I have waited two plus years to order one of these kits mate from you guys. Such a happy chappy right now.
      Over n out

Brett

Comment

• trout
        Admiral
        • Jul 2011

I thought you had my email! here it is tchalfant at earthlink dot net
        Look forward to moving on with this!
        If you can cut, drill, saw, hit things and swear a lot, you're well on the way to building a working model sub.

Comment

• alad61
          Commander
          • Jan 2012

Yeah all the dealings I have had withthe crew @ caswells & David have been curtious, efficiant, helpfull and responsive. I know it makes me want to be a return shopper...
          Cheers,
          Alec.

Reality is but a dream...
          But to dream is a reality

Comment

• Snipah
            Lieutenant
            • Jul 2012

Curtious?? David?? hmmmmmm :D

Comment

• He Who Shall Not Be Named
              • Aug 2008

Obviously, Alec is out of his mind.

David
              Who is John Galt?

Comment

• alad61
                Commander
                • Jan 2012

Well todate David has seemed curtious... blunt, maybe gruff but has shown to be curtious. Now as for being out of my mind... I prefer the term excentric.... ;)
                Cheers,
                Alec.

Reality is but a dream...
                But to dream is a reality

Comment

• Snipah
                  Lieutenant
                  • Jul 2012

Now Hear This... all hands.......

2nd order placed on new website! :-D

Feel free to put the other fitting kit (Type VII) with that David.
                  Saves u guys the freight!

Cheers

Brett

Comment

Working...