X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • roedj
    Captain
    • Sep 2008

RPM Tech - Just when you thought it would never happen

Today, 9 AUG 2012 I received the 1:72 (actually 1:68) Kilo kit + options I had ordered from RPM Tech well over a year ago.
    Rick Palumbo had emailed me that it was ready to ship and after a couple of false starts, UPS delivered it today.

Was there any magic in me getting the kit and others not receiving theirs? - not that I know of.
    The only thing I can say is to contact him and work it out with him.

Now you know exactly as much as I know about this matter.

Dan
    Last edited by roedj; 08-09-2012, 07:30 PM. Reason: email removal at request of RPM Tech
    Born in Detroit - where the weak are killed and eaten.
  • greenman407
    Admiral
    • Feb 2009

Good deal Dan. Now you can start a "Builders Thread" on it. (Hint, Hint)
    IT TAKES GREAT INTELLIGENCE TO FAKE SUCH STUPIDITY!

Comment

• herrmill
      Commander
      • Dec 2008

Yea, I've heard that several others are soon to see their long delayed kits as well.

Guess he's getting back on his feet after discovering that you can't survive on submarines alone.

Comment

• trout
        Admiral
        • Jul 2011

I think he is correcting his mistakes and working at honoring his obligations.
        And I am glad, he is a talented builder and very creative. Glad to see you are taken care of! Now as Mark said - Bring on the builders thread!
        Peace,
        Tom
        If you can cut, drill, saw, hit things and swear a lot, you're well on the way to building a working model sub.

Comment

• roedj
          Captain
          • Sep 2008

Originally posted by greenman407
          Good deal Dan. Now you can start a "Builders Thread" on it. (Hint, Hint)
          We'll see. I have spent the entire summer building scenery and modules for our club model railroad layout before some train shows and, frankly, I'm building-burned-out.
          In any case, I have several boats in line, half-started, like the Type II German Uboot that I must finish first.

Hell, I couldn't even go to the Sub Regatta this year because it was on the same weekend as the National Train Show which pi**ed me off no end so now I'm just going to throttle back a bit, catch my second wind, clear out the work shop of train 'stuff' and ease back into boat building.

Good thought, though,

Dan
          Born in Detroit - where the weak are killed and eaten.

Comment

• He Who Shall Not Be Named
            • Aug 2008

So good to hear that Rick is getting caught up on outstanding orders. I have one of my own that is almost four years old -- saying that to point out I'm not without sin in this department.

David
            Who is John Galt?

Comment

• greenman407
              Admiral
              • Feb 2009

AH.........Confession is so good for the soul!

Comment

• Subculture
                Admiral
                • Feb 2009

I could never get into model railways. I appreciate the time effort and skill that goes into constructing them, but working on the 1:1 versions, it's just too much of a busmans holiday.

The other day I was playing with a very big train set. The signalling computers in my neck of the woods crashed owing to a local power failure, which meant yours truly had to take control of the signal frame (which is normally worked remotley via pneumatics) and route trains about manually. I expect there are some enthusiasts who'd crawl over broken glass for the opportunity to do some like that.

Comment

• He Who Shall Not Be Named
                  • Aug 2008

Only professor Moriarty would appreciate the opportunity for mayhem (and would exercise it) you had in your hands, Andy.

David
                  Who is John Galt?

Comment

• greenman407
                    Admiral
                    • Feb 2009

Oh, and dont forget about the Infamous Dr. Loveless(midget evil scientist)on Wild Wild West.

Comment

• Kazzer
                      • Aug 2008

Originally posted by He Who Shall Not Be Named
                      So good to hear that Rick is getting caught up on outstanding orders. I have one of my own that is almost four years old -- saying that to point out I'm not without sin in this department.

David
                      Yes folks HWSNBN is a sinner. But he is in remission. Lets hope RPM can get his **** together and resolve all the customer's problems he has. I'd welcome him back in a heartbeat. I like Rick - and his modelling skills.
                      Stop messing about - just get a Sub-driver!

Comment

• herrmill
                        Commander
                        • Dec 2008

Yes he is quite an accomplished modeler & is getting some attention with his new product line related to work boats.

Click image for larger version

Name:	HUGE!.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	97.2 KB
ID:	68571

You can see some of his latest work on RCG's scale boat forum

Click image for larger version

Name:	Azipod.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	86.4 KB
ID:	68572

Comment

• reddevil
                          Commander
                          • Jun 2009

Good day all again. He said this morning mine will be next. Great, great, great. As I'm now a bit down hearted due to some circunstances round here, receiving it will boost and cheer me up a lot.
                          Stay tunned. It'll be a great pleasure form me to tell you all when the sub finally arrives.

Comment

• herrmill
                            Commander
                            • Dec 2008

Good luck to you, both in getting your kit as well the economy you're facing there in Spain. Sounds quite rough!

Comment

Working...