X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • greenman407
    Admiral
    • Feb 2009

Dead lipo

My Caswell purchased 11.1 Volt 3200 MAH Lipo will not take a charge. I have been careful not to drain it too far. All my stuff has LIPO guards on it. Perhaps its because my chargers dont have a means to balance the cells. Mike, Dave(HWSNBN), Do you guys have anything for this? A Balancer, I mean?
    IT TAKES GREAT INTELLIGENCE TO FAKE SUCH STUPIDITY!
  • greenman407
    Admiral
    • Feb 2009

One thing that I have discovered is that the balancing plugs vary in configuration. Therefore not just any balancer will work. It has to be matched to the manufacturer of the battery. Even then there are variations, for example. A "Zippy" LIPO has a different balance plug than a "Zippy Flightmax", even though they are made by the same company. If you call and ask a vendor if their balancer will work on a particular battery, many times , they dont know and if you try to use it they will void the warranty. Hows that for a sticky wicket?

Comment

• Subculture
      Admiral
      • Feb 2009

In the early days of using lipos (about ten years ago for me) I didn't balance charge, because I didn't have a balancing charger, and wasn't aware of the need to. Now I always balance charge lipos and Li-ion and I find the batteries last longer and work more consistently.

I have not experienced problems with balancing leads, but if you do, Hobbyking do a wide range of adapter boards- http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...nce_Leads.html

Comment

• He Who Shall Not Be Named
        • Aug 2008

I never ballance my Lithium-polymer batteries. I'm not a racing nut, so I need no performance 'edge'. I clip off the ballance wiring and plugs.

David,
        Who is John Galt?

Comment

• greenman407
          Admiral
          • Feb 2009

Subculture. I did see those but the problem is that you dont know what fits what without buying a bunch of them. Also Hobby King does not sell a stand alone balancer. Its only available on a new charger. Then what would I do with my expensive LIPO charger that doesnt have a balancer? Also Hobby King doesnt have a phone number so you cant get any REAL tech support. All they can tell you is about Sushi and Pokemon.(better put the LOL in there or they will think im serious) No, really, you have to communicate via email and wait. I HATE THAT! I WANT TO TALK TO A PERSON........................NOW!
          Last edited by greenman407; 06-15-2012, 05:02 PM.

Comment

• greenman407
            Admiral
            • Feb 2009

BEWARE of Hobby King. They no longer have phone numbers. A recent order with them fell apart and I cancelled it because of extended wait times , lack of communication and due diligence on their part. Ill never deal with them again. Also if you look at alot of their products and read the reviews youll be shocked. A lot of their stuff is defective or just doesnt work.

Comment

Working...