• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Anuci
    Banned
    • Aug 2008

Badger- Air Brush Propellant Issue

As a heads up! and POI,

Several months back I had purchased several 13 oz. cans of the Badger brand Propel- air brush propellant.
    Long story short, what I thought to be a bad fill valve actually turned out to be an issue with the Badger Propel Cannister's I have.
    It appears that upon threading the fill valve all the way down onto the can, the pin atop the fill valve does not quite reach down to the seal on the cannister itself, this after crewing the pin all the way down as well .

I can't say if this issue is isolated to the cans I had purchased, or simply a production change to the threaded stem portion on the cannisters now in production. : (
    I found the (Badger) air brush spray paint unit I have however still works with these cans, so it's not a total loss.

Btw, I thought Caswell offered a similar propellant product, but haven't been able to locate the propel on the web-page under the heading Glues, Gas, etc.
    Then again they may have simply discontinued stock, or I may have just failed to locate it.

Click image for larger version

Name:	CIMG2839.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	90.2 KB
ID:	101774Click image for larger version

Name:	CIMG2838.jpg
Size:	80.2 KB
ID:	101773Click image for larger version

Name:	CIMG2837.jpg
Size:	96.8 KB
ID:	101772Click image for larger version

Name:	CIMG2829.jpg
Size:	83.6 KB
ID:	101771.

Al,
    Last edited by Anuci; 06-09-2012, 05:52 PM.
  • greenman407
    Admiral
    • Feb 2009

I remember you talking about that. Can you take them back? Then try some of the others in stock or was it a mail order?
    IT TAKES GREAT INTELLIGENCE TO FAKE SUCH STUPIDITY!

Comment

• Anuci
      Banned
      • Aug 2008

Originally posted by greenman407
      I remember you talking about that. Can you take them back? Then try some of the others in stock or was it a mail order?
      That's just it, Mark. Seems it's been a while since I made the particular on line purchase.
      The Badger Propel can's appear at a glance to be of the same configuration, but their seems to be an issue with the length of threaded stem atop the can itself. As I mentioned, the pin on the fill valve simply will not screw down far enough to puncture the seal on the can. Crazy stuff, always some twist. Got several cans, and found they all had similar issues.

Thought I'd post this concern, as a warning, and at the same time to find if anyone else was having the same results with the product, but you are the only one to respond. Guess not.

Al,

Comment

• He Who Shall Not Be Named
        • Aug 2008

I 'manufactur' the propell charging adapters -- likely the one in question here, Al. I test all for proper operation. In the 20 some years I've been making these things I've found a few of the Paasche 3B valve stems to be short, but only a few, and they don't go out the door .... not intentionally, anyway. My quality-control is not perfect and it's likely one of the 'bad' ones got out the door.

Al: send me that bad unit and I'll replace it. I'll turn a new stem and put it in the bin.

David
        Who is John Galt?

Comment

• Anuci
          Banned
          • Aug 2008

Dave, POI, I've used this particular fill valve for at least the last 12 years now with no problems, however, I've been using it with the Badger brand propel. Having said that, I have now received further info. from the Badger company that a new can design identified by it's white color coating, in place of the older silver can and now rounded at the top rather than squared off like the Pasche cannister. This new production change may be at the root of the issue here, and not one of "Quality Control " refreshing. LOL

If you would be so kind to then send me a fill valve which I may use specifically with the Pasche propellant,
          "I would be more than happy to pay you on Tuesday!"
          Your Pal
          Al,
          Last edited by Anuci; 06-11-2012, 11:38 PM.

Comment

Working...