X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RonP-UK
    Lieutenant
    • Feb 2010

Type IXb U-Boat

I posted some pictures a while back of the superb etchings done by late friend Ian Lawrence, things have moved on a pace since then and the boat is coming together. The mouldings are now completed and put together and work has started on the superstructure. I will need a couple of opening hatches but in the spirit of what Ian intended I have decided to have them all opening so as to show the structure below the deck so the hinges have had to be made. It is stupid I know to go to that amount of trouble to make parts that in all likely hood noone will see but I just love making stuff like this, it stretches you to your limits and I get a kick out of it. At the end of the day it is like peeing your self in dark trousers, you get a nice warm feeling but noone else notices.Click image for larger version

Name:	BRIDGE.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	26.4 KB
ID:	101744Click image for larger version

Name:	FLOOD SLOTS.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	27.5 KB
ID:	101745Click image for larger version

Name:	STARBOARD SIDE.jpg
Size:	30.9 KB
ID:	101747Click image for larger version

Name:	BOW.jpg
Size:	30.8 KB
ID:	101743Click image for larger version

Name:	hatch hinges.jpg
Size:	31.6 KB
ID:	101746Click image for larger version

Name:	deck structure.jpg
Size:	35.2 KB
ID:	101748
  • He Who Shall Not Be Named
    • Aug 2008

A master-piece in the making -- than you so much for sharing, Ron.

David
    Who is John Galt?

Comment

• RonP-UK
      Lieutenant
      • Feb 2010

Thanks for that David, I hope I can maintain the standard that Ian had intended. I will continue to post pics as progress goes on. Oh! for you guys out there in our ex colony ( I will never forgive George III for that bloody tax on tea), a 1 penny piece is around the same size a a 1 cent coin.

Comment

• He Who Shall Not Be Named
        • Aug 2008

Geezus! those are small hinges. You bloody show-off, you! If anyone's qualified to carry on with the Legacy, it's you, Ron. Carry on, sir.

David
        Who is John Galt?

Comment

Working...