• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nige1912
    Lieutenant, Junior Grade
    • Apr 2012

M1

Hi guys,

Was just wondering if there was any news on the M1 thats being advertised at the top of the page?
    Always liked the lines of those boats, so if a decent kit is looming id be interested.

The wreck of the M1 was found in the English channel a few years back, there was a good documentary made about it at the time, must try and hunt it out.......
    Last edited by Nige1912; 04-25-2012, 03:06 PM.
  • Nige1912
    Lieutenant, Junior Grade
    • Apr 2012

Doc was called "Journeys to the bottom of the sea" for anyone who hasnt seen it.

Just had a quick look on Amazon but it looks like it's only available on VHS:-

The M1 documentary was very good, lots of underwater footage of the wreck and a very good investigation as to what happened to her and what went wrong.

Comment

• Kazzer
      • Aug 2008

Originally posted by Nige1912
      Hi guys,

Was just wondering if there was any news on the M1 thats being advertised at the top of the page?
      Always liked the lines of those boats, so if a decent kit is looming id be interested.

The wreck of the M1 was found in the English channel a few years back, there was a good documentary made about it at the time, must try and hunt it out.......

I think I have a spare model hull in the warehouse. I have the hull molds, but haven't quite perfected the fiberglassing technique yet, and I'm very busy with other stuff.

The kit comprises, hull, conning tower, gun, dive planes, rudder, props, shafts, and a Sub-driver.
      Stop messing about - just get a Sub-driver!

Comment

• Nige1912
        Lieutenant, Junior Grade
        • Apr 2012

Cheers for that - think I might make that my next one after I finish the Gato - dont want to take on another one just yet - got more than enough on my plate getting this thing going.
        Speaking of which while I have your ear Mr Kazzer sir!!, did you get the details I sent over that you asked for in order for me to get the Gato sub driver ordered?
        Cheers,
        Nige

Comment

• Subculture
          Admiral
          • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Nige1912
          Doc was called "Journeys to the bottom of the sea" for anyone who hasnt seen it.

Just had a quick look on Amazon but it looks like it's only available on VHS:-

www.amazon.co.uk/Journeys-Bottom-Sea-VHS/dp/B00004W4HW/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1335380981&sr=8-5
          The M1 documentary was very good, lots of underwater footage of the wreck and a very good investigation as to what happened to her and what went wrong.
          You can watch that for nix on Youtube-

Comment

• Subculture
            Admiral
            • Feb 2009

Comment

• Subculture
              Admiral
              • Feb 2009

Comment

• Subculture
                Admiral