• He Who Shall Not Be Named
    • Aug 2008

Andy!... you are a Machine!
    Who is John Galt?

Comment

• chaddivine
      Lieutenant, Junior Grade
      • Feb 2012

You make a good point about the C3 Anime Festival. I think that is what it was sold at. I was soooo jealous. I really wanted one of those kits so screw it, I'm making my own for myself.

Here's the progress on the sail.
      Attached Files

Comment

• chaddivine
        Lieutenant, Junior Grade
        • Feb 2012

Originally posted by Subculture
        Click image for larger version

Name:	superfalconsmaller.JPG
Views:	344
Size:	83.6 KB
ID:	161451

Still working my hands in wood here. Carved out of a couple of lumps 2"x4" pine, which came out of someones loft, bonded together and planed true. Cut down in profile then planed a rasped to shape. Added in dome fairing with plywood sheet. Fair bit of refining after that, plus the usual rounds of puttying and sanding I did cheat a bit with the wing roots though, printed those, but did the CAD myself, honest guv. Around 1/8th scale Deepflight Superfalcon, should be fun.
        This is pretty dope! Very skilled craftsmanship sir!

Comment

• Schmitty1944
          Lieutenant Commander
          • Mar 2021

These are all very interesting and un-common subjects and very fun to see people tackling these models. I'm not a huge anime fan but I loved "Star Blazers" as a kid so watched the remake "Space Battleship Yamato 2199" and also found the interdimensional submarine to be one of the coolest parts. Beyond looking like a futuristic WWII U-boat it also has other obvious connections. The captain and crew are dressed and act in a very German WWII style and the tactics they use are similar. Overall it was a very neat idea. I highly recommend the series to anyone remotely (pun) interested. It's way deeper (more puns) and more intriguing than you would expect from a cartoon.

Jason

Comment

• chaddivine
            Lieutenant, Junior Grade
            • Feb 2012

Very good insights. It is actually an incredible show. They also made a live-action version of it, but it fails to compare to the epic scale of the anime. However, it is still very cool to see in live-action.

Comment

• chaddivine
              Lieutenant, Junior Grade
              • Feb 2012

A few modeling updates...
              Attached Files

Comment

• trout
                Admiral
                • Jul 2011

Wonderful work. It is a unique subject and a really cool sun.
                If you can cut, drill, saw, hit things and swear a lot, you're well on the way to building a working model sub.

Comment

• chaddivine
                  Lieutenant, Junior Grade
                  • Feb 2012

you may notice the boat is thick in places. You will also notice the rear gun is not very thick. Since I am doing this on a 4k resin printer I am confident it will produce the level of detail I need however even for 4k the barrels are small so I will likely remove them for the printing process and I will likely print the entire gun assembly separate. I will likely have to make custom barrels from metal or plastic tubes and glue them in.

For the most part, the model is complete. I probably have over 100 hours in it modeling in front of the TV on my couch obsessing over details. In the end, it still isn't quite a "perfect" match to the screen version. but its close enough for the scale I am wanting at 1/500 and 1/350. My Yamato is 1/500 until they release a 2199 version in 1/350. They do have the 80's version in 1/350 but I don't like it as much.

You will notice I included the coat of arms. this is the exact coat of arms from the movie. I will of course continue posting as the project switches from modeling to printing and then painting and finally sitting next to my Yamato. I hope you enjoy watching the process.

Attached Files

Comment

• chaddivine
                    Lieutenant, Junior Grade
                    • Feb 2012

added some water caustics for fun effect.
                    Attached Files

Comment

• chaddivine
                      Lieutenant, Junior Grade
                      • Feb 2012

It's been a bit since I posted here and I don't think I shared about one of my recent finds on eBay. A little backstory first. As a few may know, I am a huge fan of the little-known Anime called Submarine707R. It is in almost no way a realistic depiction of submarine life or physics or almost anything in reality. However, it is entertaining and the art/design of the submarines is what drew me in. Ever since I first began collecting models and creating models inspired by the movie, I've been looking for one model that has eluded me since the beginning. I have NEVER seen it anywhere. It is the smallest submarine in the group of many, but it is also probably the most unique. They are the Junior subs, which are stored in the exterior bays on the 7072. There was a company called Platz that released a few of the main submarines including the 7072 and the 7071, UX-01, and the Junior. I own all the others, but could never find the Junior anywhere. I had been looking for it since 2009. The movie came out in 2003 so I was already way behind the curve. However a few months ago during one of my regular eBay browses on the very last page of my search, there it was brand new and for almost the same price as it was new. IMPOSSIBLE. Whoever sold it didn't know what it was worth. I snatch it up. Here is a link to the unboxing video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nu3x6eh3HhI&t=69s

Comment

Working...