X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • oztruck
    Commander
    • May 2010

Big thanks

Went down to a deeper pond this morning to check the SS GOSUNDA sinking ability. The water there is about 5 feet deep where I did the testing. All went well. I will post a video later.

BUT

When I got back home there was a note from the post office for me

What a surprise. A very big box was there from Caswell in the U.S.A.

Thank you Mike and David for what was inside the box, a cool D&E Type 212 German Submarine with the lot kit, a special 212 subdriver complete, a snort pump, a controller for the pump, a sub leveler, and a few other things and to top that all off a waterproof video camera with an extra battery that I have been playing with, all this afternoon XLNT

Again thanks, I really do appreciate this forum, not only is it a wealth of information where builders both new and old can always learn something new, or not so new and also get rewarded for for just telling and showing their fellow modelers what we have been up to.

It is good to have your peers recognise your work but to be rewarded with fine gifts form the men at the top was beyond my wildest dream

Thank you for the prizes from last years competition Chris McKay (oztruck)
    Last edited by oztruck; 02-13-2012, 08:10 AM. Reason: spealin
  • He Who Shall Not Be Named
    • Aug 2008

Chris,

We get as much as we give with guys like you. You've already taken me back to school on a few points. And, for that, I'm most appreciative.

OK, enough kissy-face.

Back to work!

David
    Who is John Galt?

Comment

• Kazzer
      • Aug 2008

Originally posted by oztruck

Thank you Mike and David for what was inside the box, a cool D&E Type 212 German Submarine with the lot kit, a special 212 subdriver complete, a snort pump, a controller for the pump, a sub leveler, and a few other things and to top that all off a waterproof video camera with an extra battery that I have been playing with, all this afternoon XLNT

Again thanks, I really do appreciate this forum, not only is it a wealth of information where builders both new and old can always learn something new, or not so new and also get rewarded for for just telling and showing their fellow modelers what we have been up to.

It is good to have your peers recognise your work but to be rewarded with fine gifts form the men at the top was beyond my wildest dream

Yes! Damn! We're good, aren't we!

So, let's see you build this puppy up and get it in the water. Some video would be good from the camera too. (I'd do some myself, but am suffering from hard water at present.)
      Stop messing about - just get a Sub-driver!

Comment

• oztruck
        Commander
        • May 2010

Ice should only be in drinks, not rivers.

Here is a video using Your camera. It works well but I am still getting use to using it.

Comment

• Kazzer
          • Aug 2008

Ice should only be in drinks, not rivers.

Here is a video using Your camera. It works well but I am still getting use to using it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2oz_gVGWYEI
          This is taken with the RD31?

I see nothing wrong with that.
          Stop messing about - just get a Sub-driver!

Comment

• oztruck
            Commander
            • May 2010

Yes sir, it was taken with your RD31 under water video camera. it does give a good picture both above and below the water. To take the video I mounted the camera on the end of a leg off an old tripod, it is nice and light and the length is adjustable.

Looking at making a streamlined rear body section with adjustable rudder and rear plane and towing the camera behind the boats. Still in the planing stage for that one.LOL

Cheers Chris

Comment

• Aug 2008

You Nut!

David
              Who is John Galt?

Comment

• Slats
                Vice Admiral
                • Aug 2008

Yeah what Chris said. Thanks for my prize pack. You guys are great.
                J

Went down to a deeper pond this morning to check the SS GOSUNDA sinking ability. The water there is about 5 feet deep where I did the testing. All went well. I will post a video later.

BUT

John Slater

Sydney Australia

You would not steal a wallet so don't steal people's livelihood.
                Think of that before your buy "cheap" pirated goods or download others work protected by copyright. Theft is theft.

sigpic

Comment

• Subculture
                  Admiral
                  • Feb 2009

Looking at making a streamlined rear body section with adjustable rudder and rear plane and towing the camera behind the boats. Still in the planing stage for that one.LOL

Cheers Chris
                  Adjustable rear planes aren't really necessary, fixed work just fine. If you have a lathe, you could turn a one off cone from some plastic stock.

Comment

• MFR1964
                    Detail Nut of the First Order
                    • Sep 2010

Today i went to the postoffice to get me the package that you guys sent me, opened it, and me like what i see, first of all it's german, me like, unfortunally i've got loads of work on the type XVII, put her at a save place for later.
                    Definally want to try building this model, would be the first cilindrical WTC in my live, thanks for sending this.
                    I went underground

Comment

• Reckless
                      Lieutenant Commander
                      • Jan 2012

sounds like you got a ton of work on your plate ... tell you what I'll sacrifice myself and you can send it to me... I know it'll a heartless act but its for the greater good....

... not buying it? ... oh alright.... hehehehe

congrats on the wins and stuff guys! ... any point now Dave will be cracking the whip for picture tutorials of you guys building :D

Comment

• MFR1964
                        • Sep 2010

Nope, you're right, i like the size, small and zippy, i think it's possible to add some more technical value to it.

Greetings Manfred.
                        I went underground

Comment

• Aug 2008

I love it when people get into knock-down-drag-out fights over my stuff. You two made my day!

Dave
                          Who is John Galt?

Comment

• MFR1964
                            • Sep 2010

But, but, but, he started first uncle Dave, gonna tell aunty
                            I went underground

Comment

Working...