X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RonP-UK
    Lieutenant
    • Feb 2010

Type IXb U-Boat

I have attached a few more photos showing the staggering detail Ian Lawrence went to to produce what should be the definative model U-Boat. I have been studying the indevidual parts and I am slowly getting a clearer picture of what Ian had in mind. I have also attached a picture of a section through U534 and some of Ian's parts can be clearly seen. Items such as torpedo under hatch storage racks, brackets and supports etc are all there. picture 107-4 shows the inner hull sides with flooding hole and internal supports and baffle plates, 107-5 shows the supports for torpedo storage below hatches and 107-6 shows a small section of the upper deck with hatches separate and hand holes separate, the hinges (100s of them) are also seperate items in 3 parts each so they operate. The lower structural deck has been etched to support all the various bits and pieces that support the upper deck. I have to pick up the final GRP moulds for the main hull this week---cant wait to see that.Click image for larger version

Name:	u534.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	101.8 KB
ID:	101646Click image for larger version

Name:	u107-4.jpg
Size:	91.4 KB
ID:	101647Click image for larger version

Name:	u107-5.jpg
Size:	91.7 KB
ID:	101648Click image for larger version