Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kazzer
    • Aug 2008

CASWELL Inc WEBSITE UPDATE COMING SOON!

Web Site Update Coming Soon Posted by Lance Caswell on 28 January 2012 12:57 PM

Within the next 2-3 weeks, our main web site www.caswellplating.com will be updated drastically.

Our current web site design has served us very well for over 10 years, but now it's time for a rework.
    There are some important changes that customers should expect:
    1. All existing user names and passwords will be imported from our old system.
    2. You can now login to our web site with Facebook.
    3. Unfortunately, order history will not be imported. If you need to know which items you ordered in the past, please contact us.
    4. Our Finishing Forum and Tech Support site will use separate login names. Existing login names will continue to work, but if you change your password on the web site, it won't change it for the forum. Also, if you never logged into your forum account, it will be removed to clean up the users.
    5. You will have the ability to link web site account with forum account, and discuss individual products. See "My Account"
    6. Our Online plating manual is now a downloadable file. Existing members will have access to the current version. Go to My Account -> My Downloadable Products
    7. Our Platinum Membership Club has ended in favor of our new rewards program Caswell Gold Rewards. Existing Platinum Members will get 5000 points to start, worth $50.
    8. We will have more shipping options available, including FedEx and USPS First Class Mail for small parcels, giving you a cheaper shipping option for small orders.
    9. We will have several RSS feeds available, including a new products feed.
    10. Our Affiliate program will be ending. We were unhappy that many of the affiliates were advertising our link with coupons or deals that we actually weren't offering. This deception, coupled with a multitude of new state laws regarding affiliates caused this decision.
    11. We will now sell DuraCoat - firearm coloring systems.
    12. The checkout process will be greatly simplified.

If you wish to take a sneak preview of the new design, visit www.caswellplating.net Note, some features are non-functioning.
    Stop messing about - just get a Sub-driver!
  • Kazzer
    • Aug 2008

We're getting closer to launching our new web page and I'm adding a few 'targets' to our range of boats. If you have any models you'd like to see us carry, please post the idea here.

Check out the Trumpeter battleship and destroyer. I've added all the motors, etc. to the kit. Perhaps you experts could check that I have everything a modeler needs to make them r/c capable.

And this guy has to be pure fun! Maybe I should add larger LiPo batteries to give it longer run times?

I've also added a new product called water transfer photo-graphics - it's really neat, but I can't find much application for submarines.

see - http://www.caswellplating.net/paints...ging-kits.html

Click image for larger version

Name:	mtdipkit_splash.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	19.6 KB
ID:	66467
    Last edited by Kazzer; 02-11-2012, 10:03 AM.

Comment

• Kazzer
      • Aug 2008

It's arrived! http://www.caswellplating.com/rc-modeling.html

You may have experienced some problems getting onto the site over the past 2-3 days. It's because we've been uploading the new site to our server. It effected this forum and some posts weren't able to open properly.

If you find any problems, or maybe can't find the product you were looking for, please let me know.

Many thanks

Comment

• Kazzer
        • Aug 2008

FINDING THE LINK TO THE SUB-DRIVER FORUM

Name:	finish.jpg
Size:	18.1 KB
ID:	66669

On the main Caswell page, look for the link along the top of the page. Click on that and then scroll down to RC Model Building

Name:	finish2.jpg
Size:	12.2 KB
ID:	66670

Thanks

Comment

• trout
          Admiral
          • Jul 2011

Mike,
          Would remaining the Finishing Forum to just Forums make it easier for people to find?
          Peace,
          Tom
          If you can cut, drill, saw, hit things and swear a lot, you're well on the way to building a working model sub.

Comment

Working...