• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Cardman59
    Ensign
    • Nov 2011

Disney Monorail motor application

Hello,

I build remote controlled Disney Monorail Playsets. I am looking to increase the speed of the motor. I have a custom 7.4v circuit board and M250 motor 7.4v at 15000 RPM. Connected is a LOSI MRX-3100 DSM receiver and transmitter is a LOSI Spectrum 2.4GHz DSM transmitter. The battery is a LiPo 2 cell 350mAh 7.4v Thunder Power. Everything works great, I just want it to go faster. I am not an engineer, just an eBay seller of these train sets. ID is Abbysilver to view my trains. Can anyone suggest a new motor compatible with this setup without blowing out any components? Thanks,
  • trout
    Admiral
    • Jul 2011

There are a couple of thoughts, is it going slow because of the weight it is pulling? or is it the gear assembly?
    Can you give us more information or describe what you tried?
    If you can cut, drill, saw, hit things and swear a lot, you're well on the way to building a working model sub.

Comment

• Cardman59
      Ensign
      • Nov 2011

Disney Monorail

When I talked with Mike Caswell he also mentioned that the gears might be able to be changed to make the train go faster. There is very little weight behind the engine that pulls 5 cars. I know nothing about the plastic gear assembly. The gear box can be opened. There is a worm gear on the motor post to a 2 up gear that turns 2 gears which are the wheel gears to the train. The original monorail set operates on 2 "AA" batteries. I started by connecting the 7.4v battery with the LOSI receiver and found that the lights and sound were blowing out. The 3v motor ran very fast for a short time and then that blew later. I found www.Monorailsilver.com who created a new 7.4v circuit board that now controls the LED lights and sound without any problems. His motor is the M250 and I would just like it to run faster. Any more ideas? Thanks, Tom

Comment

• trout
        Admiral
        • Jul 2011

Mike is a great start. I can only offer suggestions like http://www.hobby-lobby.com/gearboxes...ns_289_ctg.htm or http://www.khkgears.co.jp/world/RCan...FSwaQgodFgiLEw the best thing to do is take an old one and play. David Merriman is very creative, but busy. A robotic forum may be helpful for building the transmission. You have a great business there, I remember Disney when I was a kid and love the monorail to this day.
        If you can cut, drill, saw, hit things and swear a lot, you're well on the way to building a working model sub.

Comment

• Slats
          Vice Admiral
          • Aug 2008

Pictures please

J
          John Slater

Sydney Australia

You would not steal a wallet so don't steal people's livelihood.
          Think of that before your buy "cheap" pirated goods or download others work protected by copyright. Theft is theft.

sigpic

Comment

• oztruck
            Commander
            • May 2010

You might find it better to increase the size of the drive wheels. The bigger the wheel the more it will travel each revolution = more speed.

The wheels will be easier to find than new gears.

Comment

Working...