X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Thorbrandr
    Lieutenant Commander
    • Mar 2022

Type 212 finished

Painted, and trimmed. Ready to go sailing.

This one has a larger 3300 man battery than was used in the build videos, as well as a heavier TBS Crossfire Diversity receiver. The result was that the stock video build trim had the sub sitting on the bottom. I pulled out some of the lead ballast and added a few more foam block sections. Pretty easy to adjust.

Paint is Vallejo panzer grey primer, with flat black primer on the crew walk areas seen in photos. Navigation light panels go transparent red and greed paint. Several layers of a satin over coat were applied,

Unfortunately other commitments are going to keep me from finishing my UB-1 this summer.

T
    Attached Files
  • Thorbrandr
    Lieutenant Commander
    • Mar 2022

First green water run went well. Overall the sub ran well. Extremely maneuverable, full speed turns under water in 3 or 4 boat lengths. I expected a dynamic diver to be a bit more tricky to hold a constant depth, however, it held depth well.. i may up the sensitivity on the AD2, as the lowest setting resulted in a slow porpoising on straight runs.

WTC came out of the water totally dry after 45 minutes. 3300 mah battery had plenty of power left

The lower left rudder linkage was binding occasionally during the run and after. I took the stern apart and adjusted the linkage.. Now it is running smooth.

Attached Files

Comment

• trout
      Admiral
      • Jul 2011

That looks fun. It is nice to run a boat that does not need constant attention, it becomes relaxing.
      If you can cut, drill, saw, hit things and swear a lot, you're well on the way to building a working model sub.

Comment

Working...