X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Thorbrandr
    Lieutenant Commander
    • Mar 2022

New Type 212 ready for the paint shop!

I wanted to get my second boat in the water, as soon as it is safely warm enough up here in the WI banana belt....

My 212 kit built is complete and trimmed. Ready for paint. All WTC leaks chased out, with some suggestions from Bob. I am looking forward to getting this boat in the water.

Some deviations from the instructions videos. TBS Crossfire 915 MHz radio system, so no provision for the antenna tail. Larger battery than the videos, and heavier receiver. First trim test it took a seat on the bottom. I had to add another section of pink foam in the rear of the center hull, and swap two of the kit weights out for lighter weights to trim her (one in the forward hull section, one in the rear of the middle hull. It has an AD2 installed. I also drilled a number of extra 1/16" free flood holes so I don't need to roll it to get the air out. The X tail linkages are fiddly, but I used some 4" zip tie lassos to pull things together, and a size 60 O-ring to keep the locking colors from sliding around on the servo shafts. Getting everything linked up was not super fast, but not frustrating.

I have also added redi and green navigation lights to my R10 for the season. I may yet add the remote switch after the ease of working with the 212. That is a nice feature.

I have a static build U-9 in the background and will need to move forward on my UB-1 and Emden next.

T
Working...