X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • toppack
    Rear Admiral
    • Nov 2008

Motor Speed-Controls

I encountered a strange problem with the Mtroniks Speed-control.
    While working on mods to the SD components, I desided to change the receiver for another I had, that looked a little better.
    After doing so I found that the speed-control would not work, so I went back to original receiver and it worked fine. I then tried the not working receiver with another SC and It worked fine. That told me that the receiver and Mtroniks-SC were Not compatible.
    I then tried 5 more 7-ch receivers with the Mtroniks-SC, 2 of those worked but 3 did Not, but all 6 (R7F & R7H) Futaba receivers worked with 2 other SCs. (one is a HL and one a Traxxas)
    (all 6 receivers were on same frequency, all connected the same way and same regulated power-supply used for all.)

So only 2 of the 6 receivers worked with the Mtroniks but all work fine with Other SCs.
    Anyone know why the Mtroniks-Viper is NOT compatible with some receivers or seen this problem before. :o
    Last edited by toppack; 12-16-2008, 04:42 PM.
    Rick L.
    --------------------------------------------
    * Asking Questions is a 'Good Thing',
    Since Learning is Always a 'Good Thing' *
  • toppack
    Rear Admiral
    • Nov 2008

As long as I have a receiver that will work with the Mtronics, I'm not 'Too' unhappy, but I'd planned to use one of those receivers in the VII model, so looks like I'll need to make room for a larger speed-control in it.
    I had planned to buy another Mtroniks from Caswell, when I get the other SD, but looks like that option may be Out. :confused: If they are not compatible.
    (I have good receivers, and I need to use them.)
    Last edited by toppack; 12-16-2008, 07:36 PM.
    Rick L.

Comment

• He Who Shall Not Be Named
      • Aug 2008

Originally posted by toppack
      As long as I have a receiver that will work with the Mtronics, I'm not 'Too' unhappy, but I'd planned to use one of those receivers in the VII model, so looks like I'll need to make room for a larger speed-control in it.
      I had planned to buy another Mtroniks from Caswell, when I get the other SD, but looks like that option may be Out. :confused: If they are not compatible.
      (I have good receivers, and I need to use them.)
      did you re-program the ESC with each new receiver installed into the system?

David,
      Who is John Galt?

Comment

• toppack
        Rear Admiral
        • Nov 2008

Originally posted by Merriman
        did you re-program the ESC with each new receiver installed into the system?

David,
        If you are talking about pushing the Reset-button after power-up, Yes I did.
        It went thru the LED flash sequence and tone-sounds each time.
        Is there some other way to re-program them?
        I also tried two R6F Futaba 6-channel receivers, after I did the above post, and they worked okay.
        So, now the score is 4 and 4.

I may have to buy another Mtroniks SC to satisfy my curiosity, to find out if another reacts the same way with these receivers. :)
        Last edited by toppack; 12-17-2008, 02:47 PM.
        Rick L.

Comment

Working...