Clear All
  • Albacore 569
    Commander
    • Sep 2020

Drachinifel Excellent for Naval History up to 1950

Today, 10:40 PM
    Drachinifel Excellent for Naval History up to 1950

Today, 10:37 PM
    If you want to contact me, drop me a DM on Discord or email fiveminuteguides@gmail.com

Drachinifel is an excellent website for Naval ships. I have been followed it for years. They have many multi-part series too. Notable was their coverage of salvage of the USN ships at Pearl harbor. Probably the biggest salvage job in History. Its excellent. They produce 2-3 video's on you tube a week! Hitory covers from ancient China & Roman Eras to 1950. Many authors are interviewed too and have question and answer shows too.

The just added part 2 of US Submarine Opertions in the pacific in WW2. The recent post 15 hours ago includes many fresh photos and digital restored films (Mush Morton & USS Wahoo notably) then Mk 14 torpedo scandal. The Mk 14 Torpedo is also covered in great detail in a separate video.

I have learned a lot about Italian battle ships and thair optical systems. That the French fast battle ship Richelieu was far superior than the much vanted Kriegsmarine Battle ship Bismarck & they go into great detail why. I also learned the Imperial Japanese Navy under way replenishment at sea was more advanced and developed before the war than the USNs which quickly learned and we almost assume was common place as it is now. It is one of the more under appreciated mission critical aspects of the Pearl Harbor Operation in November/December 1941. Who had the best and worst antiaircraft guns and systems on their ships? Excellent serie that grows weekly.

Today we take a look at the opening year of the USN's pacific sub campaign, where almost everything went wrong, but laid the groundwork for things to start g...

Today we take a look at the first half of the second year of the USN's pacific sub campaign, things are getting better, but the Mk14 continues to dog progres...

​​​
    Last edited by Albacore 569; 09-29-2022, 10:10 PM.
  • vital.spark
    Commander
    • May 2010

Steven, Thanks for passing on this excellent site!

Comment

Working...