X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Sinksalot
    Commander
    • Mar 2020

Using a 2.4ghz Radiomaster TX16S at 75mhz for RC Submarines

Here is a video I made today about using a new Radiomaster 2.4 ghz transmitter that I just bought on amazon at 75mhz. Yea I couldn't make it to Subfest do to having Covid. but i can still show people what I was going to take there.

Last edited by Sinksalot; 09-17-2022, 09:03 PM.
  • trout
    Admiral
    • Jul 2011

This is cool!
    If you can cut, drill, saw, hit things and swear a lot, you're well on the way to building a working model sub.

Comment

• Sinksalot
      Commander
      • Mar 2020

For those wanting more information. This is where I got my info.

Comment

• cheapsub
        Lieutenant Commander
        • Dec 2019

GOOD STUFF.
        for the big sub that need a lot of channel, I finded a 12 channel rx that works.
        I don't remember that opentx can change (+) to (-) shift.
        I am using ER9X.
        Attached Files

Comment

• Sinksalot
          Commander
          • Mar 2020

Originally posted by cheapsub
          GOOD STUFF.
          for the big sub that need a lot of channel, I finded a 12 channel rx that works.
          I don't remember that opentx can change (+) to (-) shift.
          I am using ER9X.
          Yea, I havent found anything saying the opentx can change (+) to (-) shift. However I plan on putting a futaba TX module into a JR module case so I can use all my Futaba receivers. But I am going to switch to 72mhz for my new subs as you can still buy new 72mhz 8 channel receivers from china.

Nice Mod you did on that Transmitter.

Comment

• cheapsub
            Lieutenant Commander
            • Dec 2019

Just a note, (+) and (-) shift is change at the software setting not the at the RF module. Same goes for PCM stuff. So all RF module are the same! but the box.

you have what it needs, no changes needed.

For convenience, find a hitec 72MHz synthesized module Shows up now and then at Ebay.
            If you are lucky also can find a synthesized JR one, need no 6 Volt mod.
            skip Airtronics RF, can't get the things working

someone in the US is saleing some synthesized 72MHz corona Rx (auto shift) at rcgroups.

Comment

• Sinksalot
              Commander
              • Mar 2020

More detailed PDF instructions translated in to English. Please note the modules in Europe have a green PCB and I believe in the US there beige.

JR Module mod.pdf

Comment

• Schmitty1944
                Lieutenant Commander
                • Mar 2021

Wow, this is very cool. There are other 2.4ghz modern radios that also use the JR style modules, some of which are very cheap. I'm guessing this mod would work on them too. Of course you still need to find a 72/75 mhz module and receiver but it's a great way to get modern programmability with sub friendly low frequencies.

Jason​

Comment

Working...