X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Monahan Steam Models
    Captain
    • Apr 2020

The past 24hrs of my life

The last 24 hours has been a nail bitter. We were next to the River fire that broke out yesterday. It escalated quickly. In just a couple hours it jumped from 1 acre to 2,400 acres. Here’s a video of the current destruction

We’re safe for now but the wind is flipping direction tonight heading back our way.

Nick
  • He Who Shall Not Be Named
    • Aug 2008

Originally posted by Monahan Steam Models
    The last 24 hours has been a nail bitter. We were next to the River fire that broke out yesterday. It escalated quickly. In just a couple hours it jumped from 1 acre to 2,400 acres. Here’s a video of the current destruction

We’re safe for now but the wind is flipping direction tonight heading back our way.

Nick
    Oh, hell! Hang tight, my friend. Keep us informed please. I assume the truck is loaded and gassed up? Don't be a hero, get the **** out of Dodge if things go south. Best of luck!!!

David
    Who is John Galt?

Comment

• Monahan Steam Models
      Captain
      • Apr 2020

Just checking in.

The past 48 hours have been chaotic but we are well prepared for living in a place where fires like these happen and happen fast. Being ready for it is a regular way of life and keeping the land fire ready is a year round task. The initial blaze has passed but the threat of a new flare up and changing winds still looms. Actively we are still putting out hotspots and reinforcing containment lines. I’ve fought a number of fast moving wild land fires over the years so this is not my first rodeo by any means.

Nick

Comment

• He Who Shall Not Be Named
        • Aug 2008

Originally posted by Monahan Steam Models
        Just checking in.

The past 48 hours have been chaotic but we are well prepared for living in a place where fires like these happen and happen fast. Being ready for it is a regular way of life and keeping the land fire ready is a year round task. The initial blaze has passed but the threat of a new flare up and changing winds still looms. Actively we are still putting out hotspots and reinforcing containment lines. I’ve fought a number of fast moving wild land fires over the years so this is not my first rodeo by any means.

Nick
        Good to hear from you, Nick. Keep swinging!

David
        Who is John Galt?

Comment

• trout
          Admiral
          • Jul 2011

Stay safe!
          If you can cut, drill, saw, hit things and swear a lot, you're well on the way to building a working model sub.

Comment

• Das Boot
            Rear Admiral
            • Dec 2019

Well, when your state leadership decides to defund the forestry budget and quits doing prescribed burns, then cuts through forest land, this is what you get. The failures of California government are deep beyond comparison. Meanwhile, nothing is done to promote responsible logging and forest management. So liberals is it a) the 20 million increase in California population in the past 30 years b) the wholesale elimination of logging in Northern California or c) a 0.3 degree change in temps in 30 years to blame for this.

Screw you Gavin.
            Last edited by Das Boot; 08-09-2021, 02:18 PM.
            Of the 40,000 men who served on German submarines, 30,000 never returned.”

Comment

• Davidh
              Captain
              • Nov 2010

Hi David,

I've posted a series of questions for you in Tips and tricks about molds for a conning tower.

I assume you have been flat out and haven't seen it yet. Would love you thoughts and opinions.

Regards,
              Dave H

Comment

Working...