X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • vital.spark
    Commander
    • May 2010

Revell Gato superstructure detail

I’m finishing off my Revell 1:72 Gato build and notice thelack of detail on the aft end of the superstructure (exhaust outletsetc.). Would anyone out there know thecorrect size and location of these and other holes or know where online I canget them?
  • trout
    Admiral
    • Jul 2011

Originally posted by vital.spark
    I’m finishing off my Revell 1:72 Gato build and notice thelack of detail on the aft end of the superstructure (exhaust outletsetc.). Would anyone out there know thecorrect size and location of these and other holes or know where online I canget them?
    Did you ever get an help on this? How did you finish your superstructure? Location of exhaust, size, etc.
    If you can cut, drill, saw, hit things and swear a lot, you're well on the way to building a working model sub.

Comment

• vital.spark
      Commander
      • May 2010

Hello Trout,

No, I never received and answer so I did some web searching and found a line drawing with a scale of the Baleo Class showing the exhaust openings. I used this information along with pictures I had taken of the USS Cobia. I would like to pass this information on to you but I'm now in Hong Kong and the Sub and all my drawings are in Christchurch New Zealand. Sorry

I think Revell ran out of time and or money for the release of the Gato as the tooling cost would rise dramaticly if holes and other detail were added to the side of the superstructure! In the past I have had injection moulds made here in Hong Kong so I understand the complexity of mold tooling.

Comment

• trout
        Admiral
        • Jul 2011

Thank you for getting back to me! I pray all goes well in Hong Kong for you and it is a prosperous time. I will go ahead and search like you did. I can overlay a photos of a Gato with a line drawing and do some direct measuring. For that matter.... The instruction book has a line drawing, Hmmmm. Can you hear the gears turning in my head? Cheers!
        If you can cut, drill, saw, hit things and swear a lot, you're well on the way to building a working model sub.

Comment

Working...