US nukes - safety tracks different on same boats?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Slats
    Vice Admiral
    • Aug 2008

US nukes - safety tracks different on same boats?

I am little puzzled by a few photos I have been look at on the net.
    It seems that sometimes the safety tracks on the same class of boat are in sligtly different locations, (I'll try an up load some photos) but in the mean time, a couple of questions for those who served, do you have any idea why this would be the case? Is it that they get damaged from time to time and perhaps replaced in a slightly different location / or routed along the deck differently?

Thanks

J
    John Slater

Sydney Australia

You would not steal a wallet so don't steal people's livelihood.
    Think of that before your buy "cheap" pirated goods or download others work protected by copyright. Theft is theft.

sigpic
  • He Who Shall Not Be Named
    • Aug 2008

Pictures of the LOS ANGELES, before it had been fitting with the towed array flushing tube fairings on deck, showed the deck safety-track in a different location than normal (most of it now incorporated within the faring). Different yards building boats of the same class sometimes would differ as to which side and serpentine route the safety track would make on the deck.

David,
    Who is John Galt?

Comment

• Slats
      Vice Admiral
      • Aug 2008

Thanks David.
      Make sense

J
      John Slater

Sydney Australia

You would not steal a wallet so don't steal people's livelihood.
      Think of that before your buy "cheap" pirated goods or download others work protected by copyright. Theft is theft.

sigpic

Comment

Working...