X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Subculture
    Admiral
    • Feb 2009

New Deeflight sub concept

Graham Hawkes next concept looks like something Irwin Allen would have had in one of his movies. Check this out- http://deepflight.com/robb-report.pdf
  • Rpmtech1
    Lieutenant Commander
    • Dec 2009

Thats cool. I love all his stuff. I was lucky enough to be invited to his secret shop to paw over the original Deep Flight, and the then new Avaitor. I still think the original was the coolest one. Though laying in the prone position could get tiring probably

Some really interesting things I noted; The propellers are made from cut down APC model plane propellers bolted to a multiblade hub. I loved that! The thickness of the cast aluminum "cocoons" on the Avaitor, its like 2" thick. And the domes are about the same and have 2 O rings for sealing. The control linkages and such used plastic ball bearings. The first time I have seen that type of use other than sailboat blocks.

Comment

• Kazzer
      • Aug 2008

At $1.6 million it might be a but pricey. What about this one that is for sale in Rochester NY?

Steve Dunning is a local professional diver and he built this submarine himself. He wants to sell it a mere $40,000!
      Click image for larger version

Name:	Getting sub ready.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	95.5 KB
ID:	61312Click image for larger version

Name:	From Behind.jpg
Size:	83.2 KB
ID:	61313Click image for larger version

Name:	Side Motor 2.jpg
Size:	82.4 KB
ID:	61314Click image for larger version

Name:	Front up above good.jpg
Size:	96.5 KB
ID:	61315Click image for larger version

Name:	Cover shot.jpg
Size:	86.3 KB
ID:	61316
      Stop messing about - just get a Sub-driver!

Comment

• Rpmtech1
        Lieutenant Commander
        • Dec 2009

Thats a nead little P sub. someday I will build one for myself. But it has to be for 2 people. Thats pertinent, otherwise nobody wants to buy it when you decide to sell, and what fun is it to not share the experience?

Comment

Working...