Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kazzer
    • Aug 2008

Caswell Australia Does a Car Show!

Here's my brother Paul, setting up his Caswell stand for a car show in Melbourne. Handsome devil - like me eh!
    Click image for larger version

Name:	paul.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	25.7 KB
ID:	100644
    I know this has nothing do to with submarines, but I just thought you'd like to see that Caswell is almost like The British Empire was, all over the planet! Ha! Ha!

Seriously, we've been thinking that Paul should carry some submarine stuff, but I've not had a clear vision of what you guys over there would need.

Give me some clues please!
    Stop messing about - just get a Sub-driver!
  • ManOwaR
    Lieutenant Commander
    • Jul 2009

From what I can tell, Australians like all things 1/72 and things that explode...they're a crazy bunch!
    https://www.facebook.com/HMKcreations

Comment

• Rpmtech1
      Lieutenant Commander
      • Dec 2009

OMG, they are on every continent!

I think the Foxtrot was originally developed for the Aussies, something about matching all their 1/72 warships

Comment

• ManOwaR
        Lieutenant Commander
        • Jul 2009

This is because Australia itself takes up close to 1/72nd of the earth's total surface area. Strange!
        https://www.facebook.com/HMKcreations

Comment

• Slats
          Vice Admiral
          • Aug 2008

Yeah we also like beer, BBQs, oh and we play football (rugby) without padding or protection
          John Slater

Sydney Australia

You would not steal a wallet so don't steal people's livelihood.
          Think of that before your buy "cheap" pirated goods or download others work protected by copyright. Theft is theft.

sigpic

Comment

• Slats
            Vice Admiral
            • Aug 2008

Originally posted by ManOwaR
            This is because Australia itself takes up close to 1/72nd of the earth's total surface area. Strange!
            Jeepers that is true!

But you'll be please to know Joel I'm building in 1/144 and in 1/19 too now.
            John Slater

Sydney Australia

Think of that before your buy "cheap" pirated goods or download others work protected by copyright. Theft is theft.

sigpic

Comment

• Albion
              Captain
              • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Slats
              Yeah we also like beer, BBQs, oh and we play football (rugby) without padding or protection
              cricket seems to be missing from that list, ahem.

Monty Pythons Australian song

Australias a lovely land, full of bonza blokes
              Shiela's, beer, and no one queer, except in pommy jokes
              Last edited by Albion; 01-20-2011, 08:57 PM.
              Next time someone points out it takes 42 muscles to frown, point out it will only take 4 muscles to b1tch slap them if they tell you how mnay muscles you need to smile:pop

Comment

• Slats
                Vice Admiral
                • Aug 2008

Originally posted by Kazzer
                Seriously, we've been thinking that Paul should carry some submarine stuff, but I've not had a clear vision of what you guys over there would need.
                Give me some clues please!
                Hmm what we need:
                A device that kills off nanny state administrators who live to make the hobby un-enjoyable and want to accommodate masses of the lowest common clueless idiot
                A Government that is not controlled by closet Commies
                An ozone layer

Re subs - Keep em where they are, we would still have to pay shipping from Paul anyway - you'd be the best person to judge Mike how your Australian sales are going as to what you would want to supply, but my gut tells me our market is a small segment of the overall hobby.

One thing that is going to become crucial in the future is finding a supply of 40MHZ or 36 MHZ FM radios (yes I know you have 40MHZ now), but what will that supply look like in the future? The dope here is you can no longer buy an FM crystal set as the world goes 2.4 GHZ. I am not sure what the deal is with US Freq radios but I have stashed away a couple of Robbe Futaba FM sets on Australian legal frequencies for my future needs. New players are going to face a harder supply. If manufacturers dump crystal FMs in favour of 2.4GHZ the hobby won't have much of a future - anyone know anymore re this?

Best

John
                John Slater

Sydney Australia

sigpic

Comment

Working...