ID:	100634Click image for larger version

Name:	foxtrot sail details.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	53.4 KB
ID:	100633Click image for larger version

Name:	foxtrot masts from inside.jpg
Size:	46.8 KB
ID:	100635 Here we have a Foxtrot sail but here are some closeups on some of the masts from on top and from inside. Might be good for the modeler. In the two bottom pictures inside the sail I see what appears to be a Zinc to fight corrosion. Or am I wrong?
    Last edited by greenman407; 01-14-2011, 10:33 AM.
    IT TAKES GREAT INTELLIGENCE TO FAKE SUCH STUPIDITY!
  • greenman407
    Admiral
    • Feb 2009

Click image for larger version

Name:	t437.jpg
Size:	39.2 KB
ID:	60799Click image for larger version

Name:	155349552.jpg
Size:	28.2 KB
ID:	60798 Notice the bright off blue paint that seems to be common on the interior of some of these sails. It stands out like a sore thumb in the pictures in this post. I wonder if its common on the Oscar as well?

Comment

• He Who Shall Not Be Named
      • Aug 2008

Mark,

That's the second Russian boat to sport blue as an 'interior' color. Good catch, Mark. When it comes time to paint my 1/72 FOXTROT I'll be able to employ that color within the bridge and mast wells with some confidence now.

Keep those pictures coming -- however, Chuck (Herrmill) came up with the ones you just posted, part of the information packets on the FOXTROT he supplied Rick and me -- most of the weird and wonderful stuff you've been posting is very, very useful to us scratch-builders.

And a big thank-you to Gantu, Albion, Wayne, and the others who have been so free with their resources. Sharing is a cornerstone of this game -- something we should all do; no man stands alone on his accomplishments in this field; we all stand on the shoulders of others.

There are no secrets to the Craft. Only fools and retards who think there are. And, few secrets remain as to the mechanics of the prototypes we represent in model form. The information base on these subjects, within the Web, grows every day, and stuff I thought I'd never see in the public domain pops up with alarming regularity.

The old SubLant Painting Manual had us paint white all the areas within the superstructure and sail that could be observed through limber holes and such -- the light color (did I say color? ... white is not a color!), in deep Shadow, was expected to present as the same dark gray as the exterior of the boat to an aerial observe. God it stank in there on a hot July, tied up to one of the sub piers at the Key West Sub Base ... chipping paint, priming, and laying down that nasty vinyl white **** with an industrial grade paint sprayer. Buzzed out on paint fumes during the day, drunk on my ass by night. Those were the days!
      Last edited by He Who Shall Not Be Named; 01-14-2011, 12:14 PM.
      Who is John Galt?

Comment

• greenman407
        Admiral
        • Feb 2009

Yeah, somebody on your site posted a link to a Russian picture sight and Ive been extracting pictures ever since, that was a real good find on his part.

Comment

• 639mpa
          Lieutenant
          • Nov 2010

Originally posted by greenman407
          [ATTACH=CONFIG]5640[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]5639[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]5641[/ATTACH] Here we have a Foxtrot sail but here are some closeups on some of the masts from on top and from inside. Might be good for the modeler. In the two bottom pictures inside the sail I see what appears to be a Zinc to fight corrosion. Or am I wrong?
          I believe on the secret Kitchen Class Boats that would be the Kitchen Zinc

What goes down must come up.

Comment

• greenman407
            Admiral
            • Feb 2009

Good One. Im glad that my asumption appears to be correct.

Comment

Working...