The 1/96 SWM BLUEBACK's a quick look

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • He Who Shall Not Be Named
    replied
    Originally posted by MFR1964
    Ah, I just wondered if there was a kind of failsave onboard, despite the fact you classified it as a pooltoy there will be allways people to stretch the limits, to those who try, keep your swimmingtrousers at your hand at critical depth.

    Manfred.
    I hear you, Manfred. For those going into deeper (harder to access) waters: All they have to do is re-trim the boat to sit higher in the water, to the point where the critical depth would be insanely deep. So trimmed, unless the boat gets caught up in bottom trash, it's always going to bob to the surface. But, it is also a boat that has to scuttle along at a good clip to achieve the dynamic force, as a consequence of water flow over the hull, to yank it underwater.



    At some point the idiot should just spring for a proper ballast sub-system equipped SD. For that reason, and others, I classify dynamic type diving submarines as pool-toys... and anyone operating such a model must -- for the public good -- leave his man-card at home for the duration of operations.

    David

    Leave a comment:


  • MFR1964
    replied
    Ah, I just wondered if there was a kind of failsave onboard, despite the fact you classified it as a pooltoy there will be allways people to stretch the limits, to those who try, keep your swimmingtrousers at your hand at critical depth.

    Manfred.

    Leave a comment:


  • He Who Shall Not Be Named
    replied
    Originally posted by MFR1964
    David, besides it is a nice KISS system, how will you retrieve the sub below critical depth with no propulsion?, there is not that much positive bouency with the boat trimmed like that.

    Manfred.
    I'm with you on the fact that thing is 'sinkable'. That's why I consider such an arrangement (the very, very high waterline) suitable only for pool-toys.

    David

    Leave a comment:


  • bwi 971
    replied
    I only saw a beautiful sub held by a very nice looking woman......was there someone else too?……didn’t payed attention.

    Grtz,
    Bart

    .

    Leave a comment:


  • MFR1964
    replied
    David, besides it is a nice KISS system, how will you retrieve the sub below critical depth with no propulsion?, there is not that much positive bouency with the boat trimmed like that.

    Manfred.

    Leave a comment:


  • He Who Shall Not Be Named
    replied
    I agree with you completely about the yeoman's work Tim Senecal has done on our behalf -- he single-handedly may save our segment of the r/c vehicle hobby!

    I hate being tied to the surface like this. But, hey, what can you do?

    You got a problem with the fat white-guy in this video?!..........

    David

    Leave a comment:


  • bwi 971
    replied
    Very nice looking (the sub I mean) incredible trim, that thing is very mobile in the water David.

    Personally, I'm not sold for th 2.4GHz system. Although it is a good alternative, if I would need replacement for my 40 MHz system (designated freq in Belgium) I will go for the 433MHz system.
    Tim Senecal is doing amazing stuff with it, the telemetry is to high tech for me but the regular stuff is working flawless.

    Grtz,
    Bart

    Leave a comment:


  • The 1/96 SWM BLUEBACK's a quick look





    David
    Last edited by He Who Shall Not Be Named; 02-21-2017, 11:36 AM. Reason: also talking up the just completed static diving type 1/96 BLUEBACK model that has joined my fleet
Working...