Ensign
    • Nov 2016

looking to build revell type v11

Need advice on equip. Etc
  • trout
    Admiral
    • Jul 2011

Gene,
    If you search there are several builds that will give you the equipment that they used. I am not giving you a complete description here because I am not sure how you are building your sub. The things I listed can be purchased at Nautilus Drydocks (link at top of page). Some variables are surface running only or do you want it to dive? Don't laugh, some people only make there subs surface runners and that's o.k.
    Assuming you want to make yours dive, the ultra basic run down would be:
    a 75MHz radio 6 channel and receiver (No your 2.4 Gigahertz will not work underwater)
    Failsafe/LiPo Battery monitor
    Lipo Battery
    Leveler
    Speed Controller (ESC),
    3 - micro servos Foreward and Aft dive planes, rudder
    2" Sub-Driver (you are going to pack 10 pounds of stuff in a 5 pound space).

Again search for Revell Type VII on this site and plenty of results will help you too!

If you can cut, drill, saw, hit things and swear a lot, you're well on the way to building a working model sub.

Comment

• gene k
      Ensign
      • Nov 2016

thanks for info., this will be an excursion, and an exciting , new chapter, in my r/c , hobby, i'm a little concerned, about expenditures, but that won't stop me!

Comment

• trout
        Admiral
        • Jul 2011

Take it in baby steps. You will not need everything all at once. Glad you are aboard.
        If you can cut, drill, saw, hit things and swear a lot, you're well on the way to building a working model sub.

Comment

• gene k
          Ensign
          • Nov 2016

Hey, first step on revell model is to drill for side railings, wouldn't this be real delicate , for a working model? I'm hesitant to drill, cause these railings , could be a constant maintenance issue, I'm a scale guy , but I'm concerned, any ideas?

Comment

• trout
            Admiral
            • Jul 2011

Gene,
            Yes, the plastic is real delicate. I would recommend re-doing the rails in brass. I did that on my 1/72 Gato.

Peace,
            Tom
            Attached Files
            Last edited by trout; 12-01-2016, 07:36 PM.

Comment

• gene k
              Ensign
              • Nov 2016

Thanks, troutman, good idea

Comment

• Albion
                Captain
                • Dec 2008

Originally posted by trout
                Gene,
                Yes, the plastic is real delicate. I would recommend re-doing the rails in brass. I did that on my 1/72 Gato.

Peace,
                Tom
                Very very good idea, i like it
                Next time someone points out it takes 42 muscles to frown, point out it will only take 4 muscles to b1tch slap them if they tell you how mnay muscles you need to smile:pop

Comment

Working...