X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • greenman407
    Admiral
    • Feb 2009

Vibration absorption material

I think it was Tom who turned me on to some vibration absorbing material available from "Edmund Scientific", called "Sorbathane" I used it to good effect underneath APCs in various submarines. The sheet is about an 1/8" thick and kinda pricey. The otherday I spotted this on Ebay and bought one. Its similar to the other stuff but thicker and sticky on both sides and maybe a little "Squishier". Its 5mm thick and comes in a small stick measuring 1&3/4" x 5&3/4". That makes it about the right size to cut up and mount 5 to 6 different small devices. Just a little FYI from your local RC guy. Click image for larger version

Name:	001-001.JPG
Views:	13
Size:	145.4 KB
ID:	117599Click image for larger version

Name:	002-001.JPG
Views:	12
Size:	92.0 KB
ID:	117600
    IT TAKES GREAT INTELLIGENCE TO FAKE SUCH STUPIDITY!
  • bwi 971
    Captain
    • Jan 2015

Hi Mark,

Please look at this video....I believe the benchmarking is very well executed.....resulting in very interesting conclusions.

Spoiler alert! Moongel (http://amzn.to/198RdU4) is the winner in this follow-up test.In my original video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TMcUXRPpTJ4) I revi...

grtz,
    Bart
    Practical wisdom is only to be learned in the school of experience.
    "Samuel Smiles"

Comment

• greenman407
      Admiral
      • Feb 2009

Thanks Bart, I will look at it in depth this evening

Comment

• greenman407
        Admiral
        • Feb 2009

Bart, I did watch the video. It looked thorough enough for me to take a chance and purchase some Moongel. It had a link to some being sold on Amazon. Got some coming. Thanks for the heads up on this video. I see Dave Merriman also watched the video and left a comment for the Gent there on Youtube. I wonder if he ordered some. We could have a race and see who can actually try it out first!!..................Im sure I would get beat.

Comment

• trout
          Admiral
          • Jul 2011

But wait there is more.......look at this response, https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=2658300
          If you can cut, drill, saw, hit things and swear a lot, you're well on the way to building a working model sub.

Comment

• greenman407
            Admiral
            • Feb 2009

OK so this guy says that zeal is better than moongel in the freq. range he listed. Ok....I have both of them. I started out with the zeal and ordered some moongel. I will do my own analysis on reducing vibration received by APCs and ADFs. Theres more than one way to skin a cat.

Comment

• bwi 971
              Captain
              • Jan 2015

Originally posted by greenman407
              I see Dave Merriman also watched the video and left a comment for the Gent there on Youtube
              David did what I must have done in the first place give the guy a compliment for the video.....lessons learned here....and rectified.

Grtz,
              Bart

Practical wisdom is only to be learned in the school of experience.
              "Samuel Smiles"

Comment

Working...